Shelties at Sunnybank

Chris

Premium Member
Whenever I attend The Gathering at Sunnybank, I remember that our favorite breed was original called the Shetland Collie. The weekend was wonderful, and there were several Shelties there in addition to Layla. We rambled through the old estate, remembering all the books I'd read about The Place. Saturday was so hot that Layla started to fade -- I think she was getting dehydrated, and she simply would not drink. My sister took her back to the hotel, and after a drink and a rest, she was back to her perky self, ready to play with her new skinny weasel. Sunday was the Collie virtues match -- Layla preferred playing stick and having more walkies. It's just so wonderful to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones. The only glitch was a downpour at about two in the afternon Sunday. Imagine about fifty highly moist Collies and 100 people under a tent -- talk about smelling wet dog!!!! :lol:
 
What an adventure you had with Layla. What is Sunnybank? Sure sounds like you have such fun things happening up north.
 
Glad that you had a great time! I did not make it up there yesterday. We had a family day that ended up being really nice.

I am glad that you had fun.
 
It sounds like so much fun. Did you happen to meet a Collie named Sydney and her Mom? She is from the Baltimore Md area, quite the fashionista and the Sister of the current Lassie. I know her and her Mom were going also.
 
It sounds like so much fun. Did you happen to meet a Collie named Sydney and her Mom? She is from the Baltimore Md area, quite the fashionista and the Sister of the current Lassie. I know her and her Mom were going also.

I certainly did!!!
 
How truly interesting. I will have to go find one of the books. Looks like they have such a good time and what a way to honor the breed.
 
Back
Top