Shelties, how they make others think they are starving!

Toffee's Mom

Forums Sage
Ok
SOOOOO
Scotty's Mom thinks I am starving Toffee! Her dog, Scotty the poodle is a finicky eater, and she gets such a kick out of being able to give Toffee treats of ALL kinds... So Toffee has figured out he gets treats at the neighbour's house, if he barks at her patio door loud enough! :eek2: By the way, Mikesch the cat has also that figured out, and sits on her patio to get the organic AND expensive duck treats he so enjoys from her LOL (She buys those extra for the cat now... lol)
When we go for a visit etc, I swear to God, Toffee is LYING to her through his teeth, that I NEVER feed him :yes: The Lady now leaves out Scotty's food, when she knows I am coming in for a cup of tea after the dog walk... and pretends she forgot to put it back.. haha she has a mind sharp as a tack, I KNOW she doesn't forget, she just thinks Toffee should NOT be so hungry!

How do I explain to her that he is ALWAYS hungry regardless when and how much I feed him, as clearly he is NOT thin, lol. Tonight she made me promise to still feed Toffee after my evening walk! So after my customary cup of tea with her and her treating him to loads and loads of milk-bones and denta stix and in addition to Scotty's dogfood ... she was worried I'd not feed him because I had told her before when she loads him up with food to his gills, I don't feed him supper, lol...

She gets such enjoyment out of Toffee's exploits and hugs and kisses and tricks he does for her in anticipation of treat and his 'hunger' that I don't want to rob her of the joy, but I did NOT feed him kibble afterward at home, lol, just half his raw meat portion...
Toffee loves her more than me! LOL
Shelties and their food, anybody else has a Piggy dressed in Sheltie clothing???
 
Last edited:
Ok
Shelties and their food, anybody else has a Piggy dressed in Sheltie clothing???

Me!:lol: My mom is certain I starve my dogs and they of course have her wrapped around their little paws.

When I'm at my parents, Justice(ringleader) will stare at my mom until she says something like "what are you hungery" He then whips his head around at me and looks at me like "I'm so hungery" (insert sad but alert sheltie eyes here), the girls start running around the room barking and then I get accused of not feeding them. :rolleyes2: When they had only just eaten the hour before.

All three of them mooch treats every nights and beg from food from her. :mad: Then she asks me "why they don't beg from you". Hum, because I don't feed them from the table. Its hard to explain that the dogs especially Ember would eat until she exploded.
 
I've had it where I fed all the dogs before going out. Husband comes home, and the dogs pretend I haven't fed them, going through the whole routine. So, he scoops and they get a second full meal. Not once have they said,
"No, no, I couldn't possibly eat another thing".
 
Deska drools continuously at the thought of food, even if he sees a shopping bag or someone he has gotten treats from before. When I eat or cook there is always a puddle. But what is cute is he does the absolute best, straightest, statue like sit when he wants some food, he also does this really pathetic moan like he is going to faint away with hunger. And when other people are eating he rests his chin on their lap and looks up at them longingly - it never fails!

Tully of course just helps herself to whatever food she can get her paws on - from the table, my bags, the cupboard, wherever - so she doesnt bother begging.
 
Yep we have a little piggy dressed as a sheltie here to! I think Trapp could eat 24/7,and still be hungry~
 
Bentley is the same! My mother and mother in law both think we are starving him. He loves going to "grandmas" because they both feed him more than he should get!
 
Deska drools continuously

Caro, my Katie used to drool when I fixed her meals, nothing like stepping into a puddle of dog drool.
Zak loves to eat and jumps all around the kitchen like he is on a pogo stick, Maggie runs in circles. Shelties do love their food.
 
My neighbor is constantly feeding my pup. She just adored Cleveland and kept food and treats available. She is the same with McKinley.

McKinley has the "I'mmmmmm starvvvving" look down to a tee.

When we cook, he parks himself between us and the cabinet because he says, "there is ALWAYS droppage!"
 
I've had it where I fed all the dogs before going out. Husband comes home, and the dogs pretend I haven't fed them, going through the whole routine. So, he scoops and they get a second full meal. Not once have they said,
"No, no, I couldn't possibly eat another thing".

Same here, only in reverse. DH comes home and feeds the dogs, then goes upstairs. I then get home, ask pups if they're hungry and feed them again. There's never anything left.

My parents dog sat for us for a few hours on christmas day. Their sheltie is used to being free fed while mine get two meals a day. My mother couldn't believe how excited they were to eat (their sheltie doesn't care for his food while mine love theirs) or how fast they gobbled it up. She jokingly asked me how often I feed them because they're obviously starving :smile2:

Milo, my parent's sheltie is a thief. He doesn't much care for dog food of any kind but loves people food, especially buns and pastries. When you go downstairs to do laundry you can hear him jumping up to look at whats on the counter that he might be able to steal. He's stollen many bags of buns in his 8 years :rolleyes2:
 
Back
Top