Shoka 16 week update

Simba13

Forums Enthusiast
Shoka is 16 weeks old now. He is growing like a weed :lol: He now weighs 4.5kg and is about half the size of Simba. He has started the lanky stage and is all legs at the moment. His little fuzzy hair is changing and growing.

He is a confident little bugger and loves to greet new people. He has completed his level 1 obedience class and will be starting the level 2 after Christmas. I take him to agility training with me and Simba every week to socialize and get used to all of the noise. He gets to play with the other dogs and gets endless amounts of attention from all of the kids in the club!

He is completely toilet trained now with the occasional accident at night if I don't wake up during the night to bring him out to the toilet. I am working on the mouthing but with the teething stage beginning he seems to want to chew on anything he can get his mouth on.

I am enjoying watching him grow into the lovely young man he is becoming.
 
Thanks for the update, it is always nice to hear how the baby's are doing. It sounds like he is coming along at a good pace and before you know it will be in his teenage years . . . watch closely or you'll miss puppyhood! :smile2:
 
Great to hear about it goes so well with your little Shoka - and you are obviously a more impartial mom than I was when Minnie was so small. :yes:

I could not see that she look very strange, but I can see it now when I look at the picture when she was 17 weeks - actually think she weighed more than 5 kg - and toilet trained too.
https://goo.gl/photos/Y6b73dVHQMm6xY666
 
Thanks for the update, it is always nice to hear how the baby's are doing. It sounds like he is coming along at a good pace and before you know it will be in his teenage years . . . watch closely or you'll miss puppyhood! :smile2:

He is growing up so quick! The only thing I won't miss about puppy hood is the mouthing :lol:
 
Great to hear about it goes so well with your little Shoka - and you are obviously a more impartial mom than I was when Minnie was so small. :yes:

I could not see that she look very strange, but I can see it now when I look at the picture when she was 17 weeks - actually think she weighed more than 5 kg - and toilet trained too.
https://goo.gl/photos/Y6b73dVHQMm6xY666

Thank you :) She is gorgeous! She looks a big bigger at 17 weeks then Shoka is now at 16 weeks. They grow so quickly :smile2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_XvUuVF7FO/?taken-by=sheepdog_shepherd_pack
 
What a lovely Christmas fur baby's you have. :yes:

Shoka look not nearly as "wrong" like Minnie apparently did. :biggrin2:

I wanted a "not small" Sheltie (I've had GDS in the last 30 years)
Minnie is 18 months 43 cm high and weighs 10.7 kg.
 
What a lovely Christmas fur baby's you have. :yes:

Shoka look not nearly as "wrong" like Minnie apparently did. :biggrin2:

I wanted a "not small" Sheltie (I've had GDS in the last 30 years)
Minnie is 18 months 43 cm high and weighs 10.7 kg.

I think Minnie looks beautiful. She had a lovely coat already at 17 weeks.

My other Sheltie Simba is 14.5 inches tall and weighs 12.5kg. I am hoping to get his weight down to 12kg by summer though :smile2:
 
I really hope that I can keep Minnie on about 11 kg when she is a bit older though she is 16.93 inches :yes:
 
Back
Top