Sir Baron Von Trapp~aka Trapp

Yes he looks like a small coyote for sure. So ya'll don't think Brian is being silly about getting him a set of steps?

Its very strange,as we have two living rooms,and neither of the sofas can he jump up on.They are not particularly high either.He's made good attempts at it,but just does'nt have the umph to get there.

He can jump believe me. He now has the habit of when he goes out the back steps off the sunporch(they are all brick steps)..he does'nt walk down like a normal dog.He started jumping this week from the third step onto the ground.

At first it was just the second step up,now he is doing it at the third step. Like he's some big steeple chase dog! So for a fraction of a second..he is totally airborn!:rolleyes2:
 
Yes he looks like a small coyote for sure. So ya'll don't think Brian is being silly about getting him a set of steps?

Its very strange,as we have two living rooms,and neither of the sofas can he jump up on.They are not particularly high either.He's made good attempts at it,but just does'nt have the umph to get there.

He can jump believe me. He now has the habit of when he goes out the back steps off the sunporch(they are all brick steps)..he does'nt walk down like a normal dog.He started jumping this week from the third step onto the ground.

At first it was just the second step up,now he is doing it at the third step. Like he's some big steeple chase dog! So for a fraction of a second..he is totally airborn!

:lol: Didn't you know that shelties can fly. :biggrin2: Diva is convinced if she can get enough speed the she'll stay airborne. I've seen her take 5 step going down. I tried to teach her to go to the bottom and when I reached down she jumped over the top of me. Whoopee!:rolleyes2: She also never touches one of the 4 steps going up onto the deck.

I'm sure with Trapps skills he'll figure it out.:wink2:
 
Yes he looks like a small coyote for sure. So ya'll don't think Brian is being silly about getting him a set of steps?

Its very strange,as we have two living rooms,and neither of the sofas can he jump up on.They are not particularly high either.He's made good attempts at it,but just does'nt have the umph to get there.

He can jump believe me. He now has the habit of when he goes out the back steps off the sunporch(they are all brick steps)..he does'nt walk down like a normal dog.He started jumping this week from the third step onto the ground.

At first it was just the second step up,now he is doing it at the third step. Like he's some big steeple chase dog! So for a fraction of a second..he is totally airborn!:rolleyes2:

Bailey uses the doggie steps for everything. We didn't plan it that way, but we have them around the house for my little chihuahua. I'm sure Bailey is capable of jumping on the couch and bed, but I've never seen her do it.
 
Didn't you know that shelties can fly. :biggrin2: Diva is convinced if she can get enough speed the she'll stay airborne. I've seen her take 5 step going down. I tried to teach her to go to the bottom and when I reached down she jumped over the top of me. Whoopee!:rolleyes2: She also never touches one of the 4 steps going up onto the deck.

I'm sure with Trapps skills he'll figure it out.:wink2:

Oh yes, they can fly! I've seen Bacca soar off the deck steps at the cottage and land 6 feet away! I've seen him catapult off the back of the couch. I've also seen him leap onto the queen sized bed, and almost go over the other side.

I cringe everytime! :eek2:
 
I told Brian what you said about Bacca soaring onto the bed and almost off the other side..his comment was "OMG".

Maybe I'll just relish the idea right now that Trapp cannot jump that high,and be totally ok with lifting him up on the bed. Cause I'm thinking,if he ever does get the hang of things,we may have to put a pillow on the floor on the other side of the bed~:smile2:
 
Wonderful pictures! He is really growing, and very handsome.

My two sleep on our feet where you can't move. Then Lady likes to crawl up on my pillow next to me. She is the one who can hardly wait to hear me say, I'm going to bed. These little furry kids are so funny!
 
Great pictures!

Ya know, Trapp is just smart enough to NOT jump up as he gets more attention from you in "helping" him...
 
Great pictures!

Ya know, Trapp is just smart enough to NOT jump up as he gets more attention from you in "helping" him...

I tried ignoring him..but he can't get up on the couch.We've even tried treats.I really think its a matter of him finally getting it the first time,and after that,well you know how it goes!

The bed is definately another whole story,as it is really high.I'm sure one day though,if he wants up bad enough,he will get a good running start.

Right now,it's Bumpers only high vantage point,(other than the back of the computer chair),which is where she is now!
Once they both nest in for the night,if he is on the bed,they do well.He still is loving his crate,thank heavens~
 
I told Brian what you said about Bacca soaring onto the bed and almost off the other side..his comment was "OMG".

Maybe I'll just relish the idea right now that Trapp cannot jump that high,and be totally ok with lifting him up on the bed. Cause I'm thinking,if he ever does get the hang of things,we may have to put a pillow on the floor on the other side of the bed~:smile2:

Yes, I really should get Bacca into agility. Despite his health issues, he's a total machine! Agility is not close to home around here and of course my summers are nuked at the cottage.

So, I'm thinking about just doing agility on my own....just for fun! Ideas anyone? How do I set up?
 
Back
Top