Sir Baron Von Trapp~aka Trapp

That is something about the blazes. I never thought about it before. I wonder how the are inherted?

Justice is my only dog with a full blaze. His mom and his both materal grandparents only have white on the muzzles. His dad had a small white pencil blaze. 4 of the 5 pups in his litter had blazes. Only Liberty had a blaze as big as Justice. Liberty is Ember's mom. Ember only has a small amount of white on her nose like her grandma. Only 1 of the 5 pups had a blaze. Her dad had a pencil blaze. Diva has white only on her chin. Her mom has a white muzzle and her dad a small blaze. The other pups-one a small blaze and one a huge blaze. It seems random to me.:confused2: and not related to WF.
 
Boy, can you sure tell that they are related. Even the head tilt is similar!

Interesting about the blazes....I thought all Shelties had them - sables at least, but I just did a quick scan on the internet - and while most will have some white around their mouth, it's quite common to have no or minimal blaze up the snout itself! Then I looked at a picture of my forever pup, Timber, and realized that he had no blaze either - just white around the mouth.

I just never noticed before.

So what is the consensus of the forum? Is a blaze a desirable feature or not. Personally, I like it....I think it adds character and interest to their face. In tri's in particular, it seems to brighten their faces - away from their dark eyes and dark fur. But then again, a sable face without a blaze has a certain softness to it.

Hmmmm! Inquiring minds want to know!
 
Trapp at 8-1/2 months old

While he was resting,I snapped a few pictures of Trapp. Where does the time go? Soon he will be a year old~

Enjoy~
 
Last edited:
OMG - nearly a year, it cant have been that long since you got him, didnt I watch that video of you picking him up only a couple of months ago! He definately is looking more like an adult, and of course he has that adolescent lolling about on the couch look down pat!
 
OMG - nearly a year, it cant have been that long since you got him, didnt I watch that video of you picking him up only a couple of months ago! He definately is looking more like an adult, and of course he has that adolescent lolling about on the couch look down pat!

I know,it really has flown by.He has been just such an easy puppy.Really a joy,and I think that is why time has really slipped by so quickly.

He loves being in that living room,even more so now since I put a carpet runner in front of the sofa,as now he jumps down.He always hesitated because of wood flooring.
 
Back
Top