Skipper went to the Bridge yesterday

SunChaser

Forums Enthusiast
My dear old foster boy Skipper (sixteen years old) was lovingly sent to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He had Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) on his left fore leg. It had invaded the lymph nodes and according to the vet would have headed into the lungs and subsequently into the brain. We discussed his future and the vet said the tumor was inoperable and that he'd be lucky to make it another six to eight weeks so I made the dificult decision to end his suffering while he was still aware of me and my loving hand on his head. He was so silent and so sweet no one really knew that he was in constant pain so when the vet told me that he had to be a real tough cookie to keep going like he did. He said he had to be hurting a lot and that it said a lot about his character. Euthanasia is the last resort for a rescue but sometimes it is necessary. In this case I am at peace with my decision to let him go knowing he was loved instead of waiting for him to be over whelmed with pain and not being aware that I was there with him.

So good bye Sweet Skipper I know you will be waiting for me at the Bridge....
FosterdogSkipper004.jpg


Judy
 
Oh Judy, I am so sorry. It is the most difficult decision we are faced with, I think, to know when "it's time." But our pups trust us to make that decision for them and it sounds as if you did the right thing. You do so much for these pups, we are thinking of you.
 
Judy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to make a similar decision for Honey back in October when she was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in her right hind leg.

Skipper is no longer in pain and will be waiting at the Bridge with my Honey.
 
I am so sorry Judy,to hear the news of Skipper.It is a hard decision to make,that all of us at one time have to make. He is free of his pain,and you know he is waiting for you.

Bless you for every thing you do.Will keep you in our prayers.
 
So so so, very sorry for your loss, Ann said it best I think! Skipper was gorgeaous by the way and will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, happy and healthy, ever so excited to see you again ((hugs))
 
I'm so sorry for your loss but it sounds like you did what was best for Skipper. He certainly was a beautiful boy.
 
I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

I totally and completely respect your decision to put Skipper down. We had a dog who had osteocarcoma, and we put her through two surgeries, pain meds, etc. just to keep her going. It breaks my heart to think back about it, and all the pain that dog endured just so we could keep her with us. You made a very selfless choice.
 
Back
Top