Slip leads

Sumac3890

Forums Sage
I was at my dog bakery this morning and a woman came in with a slip lead on her dog and it was really pretty and I liked that it was the leash and collar all in one. She told me she got it there. It is a bakery/boutique. I have never looked at the leashes and collars but I will look into this for Zak. It is like a martingale and leash all in one.
Darlene who owns the shop loves them and said they are great for agiltiy.
 
I use slip leads all the time! They are the only thing I will use at agility trials. They are super easy to get on and off.

I got mine at Kollars by Kathryn (online), and they are martingales. http://www.kollarsbykathryn.com/

I also have two that I got from Amazon that are Mendota slip leads. They are just slip leads--not martingales so I use those less often now.
 
We use slip leaders (with a martingale collar) for agility as well. I bought mine at some agility trials. I am not sure if the person who made them have a website, but I LOVE them.
 
I love my martingale lead. Its the only thing I use for agility since a number of venues I run in require the dog to "run naked" (meaning no collar). This allows me to just leave the collar off and still have them under control.

I have a set (one for each dog) similar to these: http://www.wntpetsupplies.com/lamadogwahe1.html

I also have a set of custom made ones from Leashes by Design.
 
I have so many slip leads and leashes.I believe I am the one that intorduced Kollarsbycatherine awhile ago on SF.I like her stuff alot.I also like the Fluggles stuff.Clean Run has lots of nice stuff also.When I do the Thanksgiving Cluster this year in Nov.I now have to give my friend Cindy my cards and cash or else I will be shopping all day and have no money and with Clean Run only and hour from me I cant go there either.:biggrin2:
 
.When I do the Thanksgiving Cluster this year in Nov.I now have to give my friend Cindy my cards and cash or else I will be shopping all day and have no money and with Clean Run only and hour from me I cant go there either.:biggrin2:

That's the whole reason that I'm going to USDAA Nationals! (Well, it's part of it...but I can't wait for the shopping!!!)
 
No, slip leads are leashes and collars all in one. Usually the leash is connected to the collars just using a metal ring, so the collar can get bigger or smaller depending on the use of the leash.

Here, this page has a picture where you can zoom in: http://www.dog.com/item/slip-lead-for-dogs/101210/

I'm sorry to ask silly questions, but I've never seen one of these before. Do you adjust the size with the little leather piece? Are these good for just walking your dogs? They look SO MUCH EASIER than the harnesses I use.
 
Back
Top