So worried about Ruckus

ruckusluvr

Forums Enthusiast
Ruckus is going to the back to the vet Monday. This time she will do x-rays. Well, Ruckus is limping again. And his back end looks stiff.

I was thinking back in my head... he has always had these issues. I guess I just thought it was just the way he walks. But I have been around dogs forever. Everyday I bet I get to be around 10 to 15 dogs and I know how a dog is suppose to walk. I have always thought that Ruckus walked funny, but never paid it much thought until recently when he started limping.

He just walks like his back end is so stiff, and sometimes he will drag his back feet. When we on our walk this morning i counted 5 times (in an hour long walk) that he didn't pick his back feet off the ground far enough so his back toenails and toes dragged the ground.

I wonder if this has anything about him being cow hocked. I never mentioned him being cow hocked to the vet, and I guess she hasnt noticed.

By "cow hocked" I mean that his back legs bow inward front his foot to his first bone (ankle) and his feet sorta point outward.

Awww my poor boy! I am really worried now. I guess our agility days are over
 
ruckus, my Holly and Maizie both have unusual feet positions. Holly has a similar issue your Ruckus has and Maizie is due to the fact that when she was a puppy it seems she broke her leg and it was never tended to properly. Holly is cow hocked and hers is because of a similar situation as Maizie's and her legs had been injured when she was a puppy and it too was not properly cared for.

ruckusluvr, I have no doubt that you have nothing to do with his care or lack thereof. I do wonder if perhaps this may be a genetic fault that has gone unnoticed until now. My babies get glucosamine and lots of excercize. I know Ruckus is getting plenty of exercise but maybe the vet can do some xrays to see if it is a genetic abnormality. I do hope it is nothing serious
 
Ruckusluvr

I will keep Ruckus in my Prayers to St. Francis, the parton of animals!! :wink2: Please keep us up to date on Ruckus. I sure hope he's OK.:sadsmile:
 
Good luck at your vet appointment, try to think positive, perhaps its nothing too serious and he will grow out of it.

Let us know how it goes! I'll be thinking about you! Licks from Sadie :lol:
 
Poor Buddy!

Caliber and I will be thinking and praying for Ruckus! As everyone else said, I hope it's nothing that can't be fixed! I'm sure everything will work out in the end! If he's not whining or howling in pain, I suppose it can't be all that bad! Lots of Sheltie hugs to you and him!! :o
 
Back
Top