Surgery for Lacey

Ann

Moderator
Lacey, my oldest girl at nearly 14, will have surgery this Wednesday to remove a mast cell tumor on her side. It's a small lump that's been there for quite a while unchanged. My vet aspirated it recently and found mast cells. I'm hoping they can get clean margins and that will be the end of it, but it will be sent out for biopsy and staging.

Checkers had two mast cells which were found, ironically, on her stomach during her gall bladder surgery. Once she healed from that, we had the tumors removed and thankfully, they never returned. I did a Benadryl protocol with her for months until we were fairly sure they wouldn't come back.

Any time we have to put them under is worrisome, but at Lacey's age even more so. She's otherwise healthy and fit, but I'd love some positive thoughts for her on Wednesday. I'll post updates when I have them. :fl
 
Lacey, my oldest girl at nearly 14, will have surgery this Wednesday to remove a mast cell tumor on her side. It's a small lump that's been there for quite a while unchanged. My vet aspirated it recently and found mast cells. I'm hoping they can get clean margins and that will be the end of it, but it will be sent out for biopsy and staging.

Checkers had two mast cells which were found, ironically, on her stomach during her gall bladder surgery. Once she healed from that, we had the tumors removed and thankfully, they never returned. I did a Benadryl protocol with her for months until we were fairly sure they wouldn't come back.

Any time we have to put them under is worrisome, but at Lacey's age even more so. She's otherwise healthy and fit, but I'd love some positive thoughts for her on Wednesday. I'll post updates when I have them. :fl
its minnie
this is angus
we is thinking of lacey she is an old dog but she is strong and brave and butiful.
 
Back
Top