teeth question

JessicaR

Forums Enthusiast
I know they take a dogs consideration in age while showing, but how much does it affect their placement? Belle at 5 years old (comes from slow maturing lines) is looking better than she ever has, except for her teeth! She loves to chew on her tennis balls, and when she was younger she used to pull on the crate door. Now her canines are pretty wore down, and some of the enamal is off the sides, making them pretty yellow even with a dental cleaning. Should I just call it quites with her or do you think she still has a chance at shows?

oh I show her in UKC only, if that makes a difference.
 
Didn't you get her UCK Ch on her? I don't know if I would bother showing her anymore if her teeth are that bad. I know it would have an affect in AKC... I imagine UKC too
 
" Overshot or undershot, missing or crooked teeth. Teeth visible when mouth is closed"

That is the line of faults in the standard. Now take into account that 20pts of judging are based on the overall head structure.

Now if she was an overall beautiful specimen of the breed and her only fault was teeth damaged slightly by activity and not heredity I'd maybe give her a shot at showing. Depending on how bad her teeth looked. That is something you'd have to look at and take into account. Remember the akc will let you enter anything as long as you pay your fee and is intact. :biggrin2:
 
She is already a UKC champion, but I was thinking of trying to get her grand. Oh well maybe I should just retire her.
 
Back
Top