Temporary foster needed for elderly dog California

labgirl

Forums Sage
I just received this from a friend:

"Doggy folks, I need some assistance if possible. My friend Sophie has some ex-pat friends currently living in Orange County, California and they are desperately trying to find a foster home that can take their dog for a few months whilst they are trying to sort suitable accommodation. He is a 13/14 year old Heinz 57 of a medium size (about small collie-ish) and is brilliant with people, kids and other dogs. I don't know if he's castrated or what he's like with cats but can get that info if it's needed.

So, I'm just wondering if any of you know of anyone who could take him for a while or if you have contact details of any organisation or person that may be able to help? This is all that I know about the situation at the moment, but I'm sure that Soph can help out with answering other questions :o)"

Does anyone know of someone who could help?

Ps, I'm not the Sophie mentioned above.:wink2:
 
I just received this from a friend:

"Doggy folks, I need some assistance if possible. My friend Sophie has some ex-pat friends currently living in Orange County, California and they are desperately trying to find a foster home that can take their dog for a few months whilst they are trying to sort suitable accommodation. He is a 13/14 year old Heinz 57 of a medium size (about small collie-ish) and is brilliant with people, kids and other dogs. I don't know if he's castrated or what he's like with cats but can get that info if it's needed.

So, I'm just wondering if any of you know of anyone who could take him for a while or if you have contact details of any organisation or person that may be able to help? This is all that I know about the situation at the moment, but I'm sure that Soph can help out with answering other questions :o)"

Does anyone know of someone who could help?

Ps, I'm not the Sophie mentioned above.:wink2:


Amazing...... So sorry no one responded (at least on here)...if I were closer I would have helped out. Surely there are many rescues that have fosters in that area.....14-15 yr old babe....that's gotta be tough on him. I hope by now, with the help of "someone"...the ole' guy is safe.
 
Sorry, this is the first time I'm seeing this post. There is a sheltie recue that covers Orange County, CA. It's called Southland Sheltie Rescue. They have a web site. They may be able to help your friend.

I'm not in a position to foster as we are in the middle of moving and with my daughter we have 4 dogs already.

Good luck finding help!
 
Hi, I don't think it is a sheltie, it is just a mongrel. I think what they are hoping for is someone who can take it into their home for a short period. Do you know of any general rescues in that area I could pass the details along of?

The lady who sent me this request is involved in rescue in the UK, so no good for across the pond.
 
Usually the rescues foster dogs in homes here. I'm going to look up a rescue that might help. It's in Northern CA, but they might be helpful. They are an all breed rescue.
 
Hi again. I would try contacting this organization. Tony La Russa Animal Rescue Foundation. They are a large organization with a lot of resources. They are on FB and have a web site at ARF.net. All their contact info. is on their website......good luck!!
 
Back
Top