The Doodle craze

Sharon7

Moderator
We mentioned doodle crosses in Glenn's post about popular breeds, but I just had to post separately after meeting yet ANOTHER crazy combo. A Bordadoodle - Border Collie and Poodle. OMG. This adorable fluffy black and white puppy absolutely dragged his owner over to see me after I said "Oh how cute" when I saw them. I said "What kind of doodle is he?" and I admit was kinda stunned at the answer.

His owner, a petite and thin lady already knows she's got her hands full. She said he loves people but is just "so, so energetic" . Well yeah, uh.... that would be the BC part. She seemed a bit overwhelmed and this dog is only 4 months old. SIGH. It just seems like a situation ripe for disappointment on both of their parts!

Hope I'm not being too pessimistic. But if I EVER meet a Sheltie/poodle cross I'm really gonna keel over... ;)
 
Here's one for you. Yesterday I was having Mohs surgery on my face to remove some skin cancer. The surgeon, knowing I'm a dog person, was regaling me with stories about his family's new Bernadoodle while he was cutting. A cross between a Bernese Mountain Dog and a MINI poodle!
Since he was holding the knife, I refrained from saying "So you have a mutt..." :gaah
 
Hope I'm not being too pessimistic. But if I EVER meet a Sheltie/poodle cross I'm really gonna keel over... ;)
. I haven’t met a Sheltie/Poodle, yet... But yesterday I was at the beach and some people saw Kip, asked if he was a Sheltie. They told me they used to have a Sheltie and they bred it to a poodle, to create “Shoodles”. I was screaming inside, but fortunately I was wearing a mask so they couldn’t tell.
 
OMG, I DON"T understand the designer dog thing..... My SIL has 2 something doodles, aged now so prob one of the original mutts. In Canada, she paid more for one of hers than we did a pair of our dogs whose pedigrees I researched. One is a nasty, one person, neurotic dog and the other required thousands in treatments cuz her female parts weren't correct. I am SO against designer dogs/overpriced mutts!

Ann, I completely respect your ability to keep your mouth shut, except (this is so bad.... and NOT fair of me) your mouth was numb.... :)

I will say, my neighbors decided to breed their Akitas; getting married and it's 'going to be a big one' so of course, why NOT breed your two dogs that you think are fantastic! Yesterday 9 puppies were born... So, do I have a backyard neighbor with 11 massive dog? I guess she didn't get 'the code' so not sure if they can be registered. Asking 1400 if they can't get, 2K if they can.... to pay for their wedding. Hey, elope? They older I get, the less tolerant I can be toward some things. I am 'getting' the old and crotchety thing! It's more a lack of understanding of the younger generation and the weird ways they go about things...... :)
 
OMG, I DON"T understand the designer dog thing..... My SIL has 2 something doodles, aged now so prob one of the original mutts. In Canada, she paid more for one of hers than we did a pair of our dogs whose pedigrees I researched. One is a nasty, one person, neurotic dog and the other required thousands in treatments cuz her female parts weren't correct. I am SO against designer dogs/overpriced mutts!

Ann, I completely respect your ability to keep your mouth shut, except (this is so bad.... and NOT fair of me) your mouth was numb.... :)

I will say, my neighbors decided to breed their Akitas; getting married and it's 'going to be a big one' so of course, why NOT breed your two dogs that you think are fantastic! Yesterday 9 puppies were born... So, do I have a backyard neighbor with 11 massive dog? I guess she didn't get 'the code' so not sure if they can be registered. Asking 1400 if they can't get, 2K if they can.... to pay for their wedding. Hey, elope? They older I get, the less tolerant I can be toward some things. I am 'getting' the old and crotchety thing! It's more a lack of understanding of the younger generation and the weird ways they go about things...... :)
Wow...your neighbours are selfish to bring 9 poor puppies into the world just to pay for their wedding. Glad they don’t live next to me lol!
 
Back
Top