The great glue mishap

Justicemom

Forums Celebrity
Birch went with me to our sheltie meeting on Fri and played for 3 hours with his rowdy sisters Ash and Willow. He had a ball but the causality of the evening was his ear glue. Lets just say they were hanging on but threads. I use Tear Mender glue as that is how I learned and have had good success. For those who have never experience this glue, it is non sticky fabric glue that dries into a rubber like sustance on contact.

So I finally find the unisolve and get the tattered remains of Tear Mender out of the ears and let the ears dry and get set to put the ears back in. Picture it, I am sitting in my recliner with a blanket on my lap and Birch is in my lap.(why I didn't put him on the grooming table I have no idea). I proceed to try and place a drop of glue on Birch's ears and the glue won't come out of the bottle:uhoh:I open up the bottle and there is a hard blob of glue blocking the opening. I remove the blob , put the top back on and go to put the glue on his ear. Suddenly a huge squirt of glue flys out from underneath the cap and all over Birch and me. @#$@$:mad: I didn't get the cap set on tight and now I have a ton of tear mender glue all over Birch's back and side. It was a huge area about the size of my palm.

Alright how the heck do I wipe up all this glue and not stick his fur all together. Carefully I dab at the glue and gentlely remove it bit by bit rolling it in my fingers trying not to smash down his fur. I did a pretty good job of it and only a little bit of the top layer of his fur was actually stuck togther and with a little unisolve and a flea comb I was able to get it all out.:cool: I proceed to put his ears up no problem.

I let Birch down and gather up all the supplies and go to stand up to put them away and suddenly realize I can't walk because I glued my fleece blanket to my pants along the entire length of my thigh. :lol: The lesson here is don't be lazy, go to the basement and use the grooming table.
 
ROTFL......love it! Only sheltie owners can understand the ear gluing escapades!! Thanks for sharing!
 
Permafleece! Just think how warm and toasty you'll be with your attached blankie. :yes: Too funny. I can totally relate! :lol:
 
Back
Top