The Little Red Caboose Has Pulled Into The Station!

Survived the night -- out twice. Peed twice, pooed once. Only howled a few minutes before settling back down. Ate breakfast.

So focused on bodily functions, sigh.

Melli is doing great with him. It really confirms my theory that she was a breeder until a C-section ended that. Shay is a little frustrated because he is too little to play. That will come with time.

The breeder told me all the other pup's ears have gone up and down and this one has stayed tipped. Hoping he naturally will stay that way. However, my husband and mother NOW vote for the tipped look and I may end up with a tube of glue afterall.

Thanks for all the "cute" comments. He's not a flashy merle or bi-blue, he's not an intensely striking bi black or black tri, he's just a little really dark sable with tons of personality and that's just perfect. This will be one heck of a train ride!
 
Last edited:
He's not a flashy merle or bi-blue, he's not an intensely striking bi black or black tri, he's just a little really dark sable with tons of personality and that's just perfect. This will be one heck of a train ride!

I LOVE mahogany sables (Pixie is my only one) and it sure looks like that's what Cubby is. Look out, that adult coat will be gorgeous!!! :yes:

Good luck with the ears...when in doubt, glue! If you start him early, he'll get used to the process.
 
I wish I could get a mere glimpse of what color he will turn out, just for curiosity sake. Time will tell! Probably golden undertone with dark shading but who knows, may come out redder than I imagine.

Yes, he is a BIG pup. The whole litter was big and mom is this tiny little girl. That's part of why I took him early -- BIG and advanced.

Here he is "reading" Garden Railways Magazine with my husband.
 
Last edited:
Awwwww!!!!!! I love his coloring (not that I'm biased in any way :biggrin2:). He's adorable! And he's going to be a very stunning dark sable, which are my favorites. :yes:
 
We had a variety of factors in taking him so young -- his shot sequence and likely immunity status, his size and advanced behavior, the upcoming holiday weekend, some massive heat coming this next week, our work schedules, making his transition just before the 7-10 week fear window rather than in the middle of it, availability of guests to socialize in-home, and a couple other minor factors.
 
Back
Top