The Mystery of the Ghost Pooping Sheltie

I don't give slippery elm with food, although you can. Most homeopathics work best separate from food, although slippery elm is an exception and can actually be added to food. I think you're fine doing it either way. Is he on a probiotic? If he isn't, I'd recommend Purina's Fortiflora. I like these tablets, they're chewable and you just drop one each day in their food. It's the strongest probio around for gastro issues and what the vets recommend. Checkers lives on it every day. You can get it both on Chewy and Amazon.
Well, technically, feeding raw is about the best probiotic they can get--true live enzymes! But thanks for the suggestion! If he stays on cooked food very long he may need a dose or two.
 
how is our special boy doing today?

As I'm sure you, more than most, were so intimately in tune with your dog, you'll understand when I say I could tell he was off today. I combed the yard and didn't find any soft serve. Finally around 6 pm there was an odd formation on the flagstone by the firepit! I will clean it up tomorrow and am just happy something moved today. As long as he gets something out everyday I think he is doing ok! But boy he doesn't feel good until he does! Shelties are so stoic, the changes in behavior are so subtle sometimes.
 
Back
Top