Thinking of making the switch... but,

SheltieLuver

Forums Enthusiast
They do very well on there current food. Wellness Core.... but I do like the reputation of Acana. Which would you choose?
Orijen is 90 dollars a bag at this store and that is just to much.
 
They do very well on there current food. Wellness Core.... but I do like the reputation of Acana. Which would you choose?
Orijen is 90 dollars a bag at this store and that is just to much.

we are likely to use both with some other things thrown in.
since we moved from TOTW, the pups have eaten 4 or 5 different foods.
Acana was one- seemed to be pretty good for them.
 
My three have done amazing on Acana, I don't have one thing to complain about.

However there now seems to be some doubt about the ingredients. Their claim has always been that they only use human grade food, but its recently come out that they may be using rendered fish products.

I plan on either calling them or sending them an email. Will probably do it this weekend.

http://sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=15666
 
They do very well on there current food. Wellness Core.... but I do like the reputation of Acana. Which would you choose?
Orijen is 90 dollars a bag at this store and that is just to much.


I personally like Acana better, but IMHO, I'd say try the Acana and decide what your dog does best on. And of course, what you can afford. Acana has lots of flavors, so if you like to rotate proteins, you can do it with Acana.
 
I forgot to mention, my dogs were on Orijen before, but I switched to Acana because of the cost. They did well on both but they've done better on the Acana.
 
We defected to Acana in the fallout from the TOTW recall a few months ago, too, and we love it. Lerwick has poultry sensitivities, so our choices are pretty limited no matter what brand we're looking at, but with Acana Regionals we could either have the Ranchlands, or the Pacifica. We chose Pacifica, because it is a few bucks cheaper than the Ranchlands in our local shop. We were so impressed with the Acana Pacifica, we switched our cat, Majo, to the Pacifica for cats, too, because when we opened the bag of Pacifica dog food, she jumped up on the table and tried to crawl into the bag... and Majo is very persnickety. She would rather not eat than eat bland kibble. This is the first food she's really liked. We recently rescued a stray kitty from a local park, and she gobbles this food up too.

When we decided to break away from any and all Diamond products, we did a lot of research into what would be comparable. Wellness Core and Orijen were definitely on that list... but like you, we just could not spend that much money on Orijen. We have not tried the Wellness Core, so I can't really say how it compares.

Acana gets 4 thumbs up from the humans, and 12 paws up from the pets, in our house. I always recommend this brand to friends looking for a high-quality kibble for their pets.
 
Acana gets 4 thumbs up from the humans, and 12 paws up from the pets, in our house.

12 paws up, that's really cute. :smile2:

12 paws up here too. I actually give it to them as treats on walks and outings some times. They're never disappointed to be getting only kibble.
 
Back
Top