Thoughts on Pet Insurance

But no I meant gutting her with a swipe of their ferocious middle claw - they do it to dogs that harass them.

Sweet french toast, woman! :eek2:

I didn't know Kangaroos had a sharp claw. Do they really kick, or is that just something they do in cartoons? :uhoh:
 
All I can say is with the money I've spent on my two pups over the last two years, I wish I had gotten it.

You just never know what you're going to run into. I guess my only advice is just make sure of its coverages.
 
Pet insurance hadn't even crossed my mind... That is, until my dog ended up breaking his hip and the surgery was going to cost $2,500. Now, I'll never go without it again.
 
I have trupanion insurance for my girl. I got it when she was 10 weeks old. I was not concerned with wellness care insurance (vaccines, yearly visit, heartworm pills, etc). I was looking for coverage in case of an emergency or long term illness. I don't want money to ever be an issue if heaven forbid, I have to make a serious medical decision for Bailey. That is why I decided to get insurance.

I chose a $0 deductible, so I only pay a monthly fee. I went with trupanion because they reimburse you 90% of your actual bill (minus the vet exam fee). Most of the other insurances I researched reimburse you 80% of what they believe the average cost of a procedure/diagnosis testing is in your area.

Having insurance definitely gives me peace of mind and I hope to not have to file a claim anytime soon.


Word for word what my own reply would have been... I haven't had to file a claim ever... knock on wood!
 
THis is really great nformation, Dr. Mac. I'm considering it for Annie Laurie -- we don't know her genetics at all, and she's eight. Everyone else comes from really superior stock with no makor health issues up to 14 and even older.
 
I have VPI for Buffy and I have to give them great reviews for both their customer service (every time I call them they're so nice and helpful!) and reimbursement rates.

We haven't had any major issues and recently took away the wellness care and have major medical only. I think part of my justification was that I figure that a major crisis will probably only happen if we're not insured (with my luck) so I'd rather just insure her and have her be perfectly healthy. It's like $8/month for major medical, which seems reasonable to me.
 
Back
Top