To shed or not to shed....that is the question

Yep, yep, yep! Soon we'll have to change the name of this forum from Shelitie to Comedy Central! :lol:
 
So far Odin isn't a shedder. The only time he shed anything was when he was losing his baby fur. We currently have a husky as well and nothing compares to how much she sheds. My mom would always complain about our collies shedding and all the hair but I told her she doesn't know what shedding is until she owns a husky. At this point, I'm pretty tolerant of dog hair and shedding so it would take a lot to make me not get a dog because of hair.
 
I save the hair...great for teeth flossing, and adding fluff to my pillows and duvet! Recycle, recycle, recycle!

We use it in the garden -- as protein fertilizer and on sticks to scare off the deer. No ****! :smile2:
 
Bacca just has a lovely soft, silky coat that is a joy to sink your hands into...

Caliber has the same silky-smooth coat. It's more silky when he comes out of his baths, but that is my stress remedy at night laying in bed. Nothing better then reading a book, in your comfy bed with your feather pillows, duvet, running your fingers through a nice silky coat! And I'm sure he doesn't mind it either! It's become almost a nightly ritual for us! He really does seem to enjoy it just as much as me! I love the company - he always seems to make all the bad that's happened throughout the day go away! But as for shedding...he's only 6 months, so I haven't noticed anything at all. Of course - with three cats, I don't have much time to notice if there is dog hair in there!
 
If you put the Sheltie hair out in the spring in your garden or yard, the birds will love you. They use it in their nests. Imagine what a nice, soft bed it must make for all those baby birds.

Years ago, I actually saw someone selling Sheltie fur on ebay. No **** !! :lol:
 
Back
Top