Today I'll remember my two little girls...you're so missed

mlamont

Forums Enthusiast
Two years ago today I lost my little sheltie, Simona, to caner, just a week before Christmas. I so hoped she could have made it to Christmas that year. Just nine months later I lost my other sheltie, Muff Muff, to kidney failure. The two of them were so very close; truly best friends. I just don’t think either one of them could stand being separated from the other. Today I’d like to remember Simona and Muff Muff.

Here are a couple tributes to my little rescue girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vdFERYWW0


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFm5az7DbyM

Two Friends indeed
Simona and Muff-Muff are two friends indeed
They played in the back yard, and chased squirrels up the tree.
They barked at the mailman and everyone they could see,
Simona and Muff-Muff are two friends indeed.

Together they lounged on long summer days,
Enjoying the patio under an arbor of grapes.
Their hearts knit together, everyone could see,
That Simona and Muff-Muff are two friends indeed.

Years have gone by and time takes its toll.
Gracefully, together the dogs have grown old.
Time on this earth may be short, you see,
Simona and Muff-Muff are two friends indeed.

God placed them here to speak to our hearts,
of His unfailing love that would NEVER depart.
Now slowly they walk towards the sunset, you see,
Simona and Muff-Muff are two friends indeed.

One week before Christmas, Simona went home.
To be with God and His angels, her suffering is done.
Muff-Muff sits crying, but knows one day they'll meet,
because Simona and Muff-Muff are two friends indeed.

Though tired and lonely, she hid well her pain,
Of body and soul but would never complain.
with a heart full of love, she’d brighten my day
but her winter of life was here to stay.

Time slowly moves on, and Muff patiently waits,
While Simona sits waiting at God’s golden gates,
For her lost friend to join her again,
Two friends indeed, two friends to the end.

And Muff’s time shortly came, and she too was set free,
An angle with wings and like wind through the trees.
She ran to Simona, still waiting, you see,
Together again, two friends indeed.

Dear Simona and Muff Muff,
You are together now, painfully missed, but together. No more will pain hold you back and you can run together in the fields of joy. Your steps are now quickened and your pace far ahead of mine, chasing the ever elusive squirrels into the dark woods where I can not follow. Let the grass under your feet be soft, the sun warm on your coats and the squirrels not so sly.

The thrill was ever in the chase….
 
A beautiful tribute, videos, and poem. 16years is a good age!

Your last line about the thrill of the chase made me smile. I had a girl like that too. The chase was everything.

Thanks.
 
What a loving tribute. I also have two girls who are so bonded. I can't bear to think of losing them, so I just hope they end up in the Guiness Book for oldest Shelties.

Your babies will always be in your heart.
 
Such a lovely tribute. Muff Muff sure was a talker. I love that my Chandler was too. Maybe their up there chatting away.

That beautiful tree in your yard must have housed many a squirrel so the pups were able to enjoy the thrill of the chase many times over.
 
Such a lovely tribute. Muff Muff sure was a talker. I love that my Chandler was too. Maybe their up there chatting away.

That beautiful tree in your yard must have housed many a squirrel so the pups were able to enjoy the thrill of the chase many times over.

Many squirrels indeed and Muff tried to talk to them all! but in the end the chase always won out. They always worked as a team around the tree. At one point I thought they may actually catch one of those little fuzzy guys.

Many Thanks.
 
Many squirrels indeed and Muff tried to talk to them all! but in the end the chase always won out. They always worked as a team around the tree. At one point I thought they may actually catch one of those little fuzzy guys.

Many Thanks.

My mom wrote the first half of the poem when Simona passed and I finished the second half shortly after I losted Muff.
 
A wonderful poem and beautiful memories in the videos. Running free and together at Rainbow Bridge little ones
 
Back
Top