Too many toys

Cindy

Premium Member
I am feeling guilty for buying Pico so many toys.
so many stuffies...I don't know what to do with them all but I can't stop buying new ones. Probably 1-2 a month. He loves them so it's hard not to buy them. I should probably start removing some and then rotating them to keep them fresh. He frequently does go digging in his toy box but I know there are toys I haven't seen him with in months.
and then there is all the treat based toys. I've gotten him the woof pupsicle. and I'm looking at one of the bully stick holders.

Gavin never had so many, I feel guilty for indulging Pico this way.
 
I think toys are hard to resist, for us as well as them! It's such fun to pick out those cute fuzzy things in the store or online, especially when they enjoy them. Only Misty plays with them here, all my others seem to outgrow their toy interest after puppyhood. I have bags of toys in the basement I promise myself I'll rotate but don't. I do have a bunch of Christmas toys and Halloween toys I get out. They mostly just get left around the house for me to pick up. So you're not alone!
 
Your not alone, Teddy has more toys than he knows what to do with. But I keep getting him more to play with. His favorite is light up balls LOL. :)

pico has 2 of those! one is a ball, and the other has some rope on it that moves around rather spadmodically.
I think if I use them sparingly, he doesn't loose interest. If I have them out a lot, I think he gets bored LOL
 
I agree that it’s hard to avoid buying new toys…the excitement I see in Finnie’s eyes when he sees the new toy is my reward! He has toys strewn all over the house…sometimes he sees a toy upstairs and brings it down and it’s new all over again (almost). I also have a couple of bags of toys. I made the mistake of not hiding the bag and Blueberry kept going into it and pulling toys out and taking them into the living room. Her favourite toy is a squeaky ball that in 2 years she’s been unable to destroy the squeaker in it…it’s her nemesis and she can smell it if it’s under the couch at the back!:ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately most toys are forgotten quickly. Toy stores know how hard it is to resist, that’s why they have so many to choose from!
 
I bought a flirt pole neither of my dogs have any interest. We have a stuffed lamb we call lamb chops and they both get that out, tease each other then chew it then sleep with it as their pillow..a few toys end up ouside but most are ignored-- no play drive in this crew. We had an Irish setter once and we used to wrap some toys for him every christmas then one christmas we decided that nah he won't miss it-- WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS. We finish unwrapping all our presents, paper on the floor and he had this look of pure dejection on his face and he started digging thru all the paper scraps-- oh did we feel bad. So we hurried up wrapped an old dog toy and gave it to him and he was happy till he got it open and then he knew what we had done.. never forgive myself for that failure to know - what a disappointment we humans sometimes are. He never missed another christmas present.. Toys, going for walks, backpacking and being with us was his love of life.. what fools we mortals be...sometimes.
 
Back
Top