Tylan powder

Bradt9881

Forums Enthusiast
Man, Tylan powder is the bomb. I first got introduced to it a month ago, when Tripp had a case of wicked diarrhea at a show. One dose of this antibiotic powder was given to me by a sheltie breeder friend, and mixed with water, stopped the diarrhea cold. Two days ago, the boys got into some lamb chop bones, and had a nasty bit of the runs again. Luckily, I had ordered some Tylan powder from Amazon; again, it stopped the diarrhea in one dose!
 
I was told a few years ago to give just a pinch of it before every show to avoid the nastiness that goes around at dog shows. I've done it every time and we've never brought anything home, even from the indoor shows. I start the night before the show putting it in their food and give it every day if it's a cluster.
 
It does work, but can be bitter tasting. If you have a picky dog you may have to disguise it, or even buy empty capsules and fill them. I know Molly was on it a bit before she passed, she had something totally different, but she hated it!!:wink2:
 
Tylan rocks. My little girl had soft stool since I got her. She had soft stool on most foods. Acana LID Lamb and Apple worked best for her but I stopped feeding Acana or Orijen after the DCM link was announced by FDA. she was put on a few different foods afterwards. But her stool was inconsistent. When she’s on Royal Canin Digestive Care, she would have very good stool for a while followed by periodic full blown diarrhea. Not sure why. When she’s on Purina Sensitive Skin and Stomach, her stool was also on the mushy side.

We’ve done all tests and everything came back normal. She has always been on probiotics. Prior to taking Tylan, she had been put on two rounds of metronidazole, one round of amoxicillin, and had been prescribed Endosorb. I also added Honest Kitchen Perfect Form (slippery elm) to her diet. We had tried Purina EN, Hills ID and WD, Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat. Nothing made any difference until the vet gave her Tylan. Her stool became firm after just two doses.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top