Under 5 Pound Bags Of Food

take4roll10

Moderator
I am looking for a brand of dry kibble that sells very small bags of food.

I've been browsing online and the only one I found is Acana, which has 12oz bags.

I was wondering if anyone knows any other brands that sells 3 pounds or less bags of food?

I use these kibbles as treats. Bailey probably gets about 1/4 cup a day of these treats, that is why I prefer to use dry food. Otherwise, I would be going through a lot of bags of treats... dry food just seems more resourceful.

I prefer kibble that is grain-free and has high quality ingredients.
 
Last edited:
Does it have to be the same brands?

I switch around my foods all the time, so my dogs aren't food sensitive, so I always grab whatever samples my dog food stores have. You can just pop into stores and pretend like you are brand shopping and ask them for samples of all food that don't have chicken, or whatever you need for Bailey.

Also, the dehydrated liver is great as a treat. It lasts awhile and the dogs LOVE it. You can break it up into small treat size pieces.
 
The only one that I know of is Acana.

I do have another suggestion (you may or may not be open to it) but have you tried Little Stars? These are the "every day" treats that we use for our two. We get a couple boxes at a time and put them in a tupperware container.
 
Search out Cherrybrook. If they have something you want, let me know and I can bring it to you at the agility show. I can also pick up a bunch of sample bags for you as well. What can't Bailey have....is it chicken? I forgot.
 
Thanks Dani! But it doesn't look like they have any small bags of food.

I'm not sure if Bailey is allergic to chicken anymore. I've been using Zuke's mini chicken treats for a year now with no issues.

I'll check out the pet store down the block from me. If anything, I'll just buy a 5 pound bag and toss whatever I don't use after 6 weeks. I just feel bad wasting all that food!

Ashley, I tried wet nose treats a really long time ago when Bailey was a puppy. I tried it around the time was she started having digestive issues. I'm sure they weren't they cause, but I just have that association in my head now.
 
I will see what I can do as far as getting you samples. My local store has TONS of samples all the time. I am in there enough that I can collect some for you.
 
Back
Top