Update on Meadow post surgery

Sharon7

Moderator
Through all the trauma of losing Faith, we of course had Meadow's recovery to think of. And I'm pleased to report she has been stellar. Of course the drugs help! She is tolerating the downtime pretty well although last night she dragged multiple toys out of the toy box and presented them to us for play time. It was pitiful. We think Monday which is day 8 she can go in the petstroller and accompany us on our walks.

She is being so good with the inflatable collar that I haven't used the surgical suit at all. Her head looks so little in it! Here she is snoozing away.

Re-posting this, as for some reason Ron got an error message trying to read the other one.

IMG_6456.jpg
 
Awwww sweet girl….i remember with Piper as much as he seemed himself, that first week after his surgery he was maybe half his normal self so I can imagine Meadow must be sleeping quite a bit, although she looks so comfortable with the inflatable collar on! I bet she’ll probably be harder to contain by next week!
How is she doing with Faith not being there, I wonder if the pain meds will help her to adjust faster?
It must be so much quieter there Sharon…when I lost Riley even with 2 other dogs I noticed his absence so strongly! Hopefully having Meadow to care for will help get you through the worst of Faith’s absence, not that it ever gets any better or easier…:cry:
Give Meadow pats from me and hugs to you:hugs
 
Awwww sweet girl….i remember with Piper as much as he seemed himself, that first week after his surgery he was maybe half his normal self so I can imagine Meadow must be sleeping quite a bit, although she looks so comfortable with the inflatable collar on! I bet she’ll probably be harder to contain by next week!
How is she doing with Faith not being there, I wonder if the pain meds will help her to adjust faster?
It must be so much quieter there Sharon…when I lost Riley even with 2 other dogs I noticed his absence so strongly! Hopefully having Meadow to care for will help get you through the worst of Faith’s absence, not that it ever gets any better or easier…:cry:
Give Meadow pats from me and hugs to you:hugs

Lisa, hubby and I have both commented how quiet it is without Faith. It shows how much impact a 22 pound dog can have in your home. They both saw her afterwards but Meadow was stoned from her meds so I don't really know if she gets it. We feel her loss so deeply.

Meadow has bounced back like nothing ever happened so yes, next week will be tricky. That's why the petstroller will come in so handy. I have cardboard boxes all over my couch because she already tried to jump on the couch.
 
For those who are interested: Meadow's pathology report - NORMAL liver biopsy YAY! Mucocele, lots of (trapped)bile, some lymphocytes but NO bacteria. This was pretty much what Elijah's was as well. There just doesn't seem to be an infectious component to this issue although that's what the IM vet told me was a possibility. There is inflammation however.

Meadow's sutures came out today and the her neck pillow is off. She's happy about that. i can start gradually increasing her exercise level. We just did a round of Nosework in the garage which she enjoyed. Life can slowly get back to normal. Although I am still so very sad about Faith.
 
Back
Top