Urgent... Richie is in a Kill Shelter! Please help if you live in Florida!!

Yes, I know it is a very sensitive issue (thorny issue) and I am absolutely not proud of my option :no:, but it's really how I feel.

Now there is not even a Sheltie rescues here in our country, and I've never actually seen a Sheltie at a shelter, but I do not think this would make a difference, I love simply my dogs too much to let fate advise their life.

But I have actually promised Minnie :hugs that she never had to get in this situation :fl
 
Yes, I know it is a very sensitive issue (thorny issue) and I am absolutely not proud of my option :no:, but it's really how I feel.

Now there is not even a Sheltie rescues here in our country, and I've never actually seen a Sheltie at a shelter, but I do not think this would make a difference, I love simply my dogs too much to let fate advise their life.

But I have actually promised Minnie :hugs that she never had to get in this situation :fl

ship her to one of us if something bad happens- we'll spoil her like she deserves:yes:
 
Calliesmom - Imagine if it was an Option- and I really mean it - I would be so relieved :yes:

For Minnie then it would indeed be a promotion, especially because she does not usually get spoiled :biggrin2:
 
ship her to one of us if something bad happens- we'll spoil her like she deserves:yes:
You know - Spirit's breeder has in their contract that if for ANY reason I can't keep either of my girls, they are to be returned to them. But I wonder - with all of us out there - maybe we could sort of team up and agree to care for each others' shelties if anything happens to any of us. Sort of a rescue within this group.
 
You know - Spirit's breeder has in their contract that if for ANY reason I can't keep either of my girls, they are to be returned to them. But I wonder - with all of us out there - maybe we could sort of team up and agree to care for each others' shelties if anything happens to any of us. Sort of a rescue within this group.

That is a really sweet idea - wish you were near me! I've said I do not want my family taking my dogs as I know they would not be cared for properly. But my sister, who has 2 poorly behaved dogs and 2 roaming cats, says she'd ignore my request.

I have lots of people offering to take Tully, or saying if I want to go on holiday they'd sit Tully. But no one wants Deska, and options for a special needs dog are limited (even with a trust fund). And actually Tully frets when she doesn't have Deska. One of the cats would probably also have to go with Deska. I guess the lucky thing is Shelties are pretty rare so tend to get snapped up when in rescue so I'm pretty sure they'd be rehomed together.
 
You know - Spirit's breeder has in their contract that if for ANY reason I can't keep either of my girls, they are to be returned to them. But I wonder - with all of us out there - maybe we could sort of team up and agree to care for each others' shelties if anything happens to any of us. Sort of a rescue within this group.
It is such a terrific thought, imagine if it could be done. :hugs

Minnie's breeder has also admitted this, but sorry, I do not think this is for Minnie´s sake/well being
 
Thanks Cara! What a wonderful idea! It would be great to know that some shelties could be placed out of state if it were the right home! We are all Sheltie fanatics and understanding the breed is everything to us! That is why this site is such a great resource!
 
Back
Top