Vacuum Cleaner gossip?

SheepOfBlue

Premium Member
So I have a yellow (non ball) Dyson and it is just not up to Angus hair. I have to clean the roller every time I fill it. I also have a Dyson Animal Ball that is a canister and to be honest it does not seem up to it. For for the motorhome and stuff like that but not the living room.

So does anyone have a upright Dyson animal and does the beater bar clog all the time, and does it vacuum well? I love the Dyson but the bar clogging is getting old.
 
I recently traded mine in for the new Shark vacuum that has the beater bar with "anti hair-wrap technology". I didn't have a Dyson, but I've had several good vacuums and could never get through the job without cleaning the bar a few times. There is some hair from time to time on this one, but generally it works really well. And the suction is amazing!
 
So I have a yellow (non ball) Dyson and it is just not up to Angus hair. I have to clean the roller every time I fill it. I also have a Dyson Animal Ball that is a canister and to be honest it does not seem up to it. For for the motorhome and stuff like that but not the living room.

So does anyone have a upright Dyson animal and does the beater bar clog all the time, and does it vacuum well? I love the Dyson but the bar clogging is getting old.

I have both Dyson’s... the animal ball and the original. I agree, the original does a much better job! I too have to clean the roller too! Yep, getting really old!

I would love to get the Shark that Ann posted but I just can’t bring myself to invest in another vacuum!
 
I have a (I think) regular upright Dyson - it does have a ball , though - and honestly even with 3 Shelties I did not have the problem with the roller getting wrapped up with hair. It just all ends up in the canister. I can't believe I haven't worn that thing out over the years - I vacuum every other day, because we have a lot of carpet and I can't stand all the hair balls....
 
I have a (I think) regular upright Dyson - it does have a ball , though - and honestly even with 3 Shelties I did not have the problem with the roller getting wrapped up with hair. It just all ends up in the canister. I can't believe I haven't worn that thing out over the years - I vacuum every other day, because we have a lot of carpet and I can't stand all the hair balls....
I was mostly OK with Sca and Spitfire but Angus :ROFLMAO: no way. He has perfect length and texture to clog vacuums.
 
So I have a yellow (non ball) Dyson and it is just not up to Angus hair. I have to clean the roller every time I fill it. I also have a Dyson Animal Ball that is a canister and to be honest it does not seem up to it. For for the motorhome and stuff like that but not the living room.

So does anyone have a upright Dyson animal and does the beater bar clog all the time, and does it vacuum well? I love the Dyson but the bar clogging is getting old.
I have an upright Dyson and it works really well, gets all the fur. It's got an orange ball. I have to manually get the fur out of the roller , I don't remove the roller though, I just use scissors to do it
 
I'm a vacuum snob - think I will take my Miele canister with me when I go. We have not been able to add a fur baby to the family that it can't address with ease... I can't think how old mine is, younger than 18 I think because I do feel I had my youngest when I got it. They aren't cheap, but they sure are worth every penny!
 
We have the Dyson cordless stick vacuum and I love it. Lightweight, easy to use anywhere (like stairs!) and I’ve never had any issues with hair tangling.

The only downside is that you have to empty the canister frequently but to be honest I don’t vacuum as often as I should!
 
I have a (I think) regular upright Dyson - it does have a ball , though - and honestly even with 3 Shelties I did not have the problem with the roller getting wrapped up with hair. It just all ends up in the canister. I can't believe I haven't worn that thing out over the years - I vacuum every other day, because we have a lot of carpet and I can't stand all the hair balls....
I don't even vacuum once a week! Lol! I hate it. People think vacuuming a small house is easier- it's not because there's much less room to maneuver. I can plug the vacuum in the hallway and do the whole house, I still hate it with a passion.
 
Back
Top