Vomiting

Cindy

Premium Member
So tonite I get home, and I immediately see Gavin at my back door whining to go out.
I thought he was trying to get away from the Vacuum Robot and didn't think much of it. Gavin had no idea I was home at the time (deaf dog) as he was facing away from me.

I let him out, and them go to my bedroom to change clothese. I hear some noises in the backyard when I am in my room, so I head out there to check on things. Gavin had just vomited up his partially digested breakfast (from 8 hours ago). I have no idea how long he was waiting at the backdoor whining to go out so he could throw up!

poor guy seems fine now, but no food tonite just in case.
 
Hopefully It's just a one time thing, possibly he ate some grass to help him vomit? I know a few weeks ago I'd given the dogs some raw green beans with their supper...a few hours later Piper threw up and then a few hours later the rest of his supper came up. It's funny how normally they digest their food quickly unless it's something that doesn't agree with them, then it just seems to sit in the gut and ferment until they can get it out. After he vomited the last time he was right as rain...happy and playful and HUNGRY!
I've learnt never to give him beans, raw at least.
 
he always eats grass a bit in the mornings when on our walks...but today we didnt have a walk...and the vomiting was 8 hours after food and last outside time. I would have been less surprised to have found vomit on my bathroom floor from earlier in the day, to be honest.
 
So tonite I get home, and I immediately see Gavin at my back door whining to go out.
I thought he was trying to get away from the Vacuum Robot and didn't think much of it. Gavin had no idea I was home at the time (deaf dog) as he was facing away from me.

I let him out, and them go to my bedroom to change clothese. I hear some noises in the backyard when I am in my room, so I head out there to check on things. Gavin had just vomited up his partially digested breakfast (from 8 hours ago). I have no idea how long he was waiting at the backdoor whining to go out so he could throw up!

poor guy seems fine now, but no food tonite just in case.
What medication is he taking? Might be time for a stomach protectorant.
 
Back
Top