waiting for sonogram results

Shelletlover

Forums Enthusiast
I took Cece in this morning for a Sonogram, she has had a high BUN test and the vet wanted to see what the problem is. They suspect that one kidney may be bigger than the other and the larger one is compensating for the other, but they just don't know yet for sure. So I'm waiting on pins and needles for them to call me back. I know she will probably have to be on special food for the rest of her life, but I'm wondering about vitamins, etc. She doesn't act like anything is wrong, she is such an active little puppy. Oh well, I will find out more soon and let you know.
 
Thoughts are with you and CeCe.

Zoe, who is 6 had high bun levels last Sept. and she is on Science Diet K/D. I was asked if we wanted to do a sonogram and I declined. We just bought a house and I couldn't afford it at the time. We figure that Zoe has Junvinille Kidney disease from the bun levels and due to the excessive amount of water that she drinks. That is what led us to the vet in the first place. In Feb. when she was tested again everything had leveled off except her phosphorus levels were elivated. The vet told me to start giving her a tums with each meal and that it should help. In April everything showed as leveled off.

I hope all you need to do is put CeCe on K/D too! I will be thinking about you both!!
 
What a day

Well, I finally got a call back from the vet. He said that he did an x-ray and she has 2 small kidneys, but there were no cysts. He then said her prognosis looked bad, but really couldn't say if they weren't functioning properly or if small kidneys were just normal for her. What a thing to say! that her prognosis looked bad, before any other tests had been run to determine if she indeed has kidney disiese.

Anyway, there is another test to be run, something protien something, but in order to do that we had to have an urinalysis to make sure nothing else was wrong. Only to find out that CeCe has a bladder infection. Which makes me think that all these test were coming back wacky because of the bladder infection. Once we get over the bladder infection, we can start again.

So, CeCe and I have had a very long day. But we know more than we did before and we can treat it. The Vet did answer my questions and took his time with CeCe, but I guess I just didn't care for his intial bedside manner.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. I know all of you can relate to what I'm going through.
 
(((HUGS)))

I'm sorry your vet has a terrible bedside manner. He really needs to be more thoughtful of your feelings, that's for sure!

I pray that all that is wrong with CeCe is the bladder infection and that she heals quickly from it!
 
Sheltielover and CECE

Glad to hear that it may only be a urinary infection. Did he give you antibiotics for her ? But please remember if you don't feel comfortable with your vets answers then always seek a second oppinion if possible. I know how difficult these times can be. :sadsmile: Prayers and hugs go out for Cece, and you of course.:wink2:
 
Back
Top