Walking harness

corbinam

Moderator
Looking for recommendations for a harness for Enzo for walking--not hiking or anything. Just something to throw on him when we take him out the front door to potty (when the backyard is a swamp) or walk him down the road.

We have the Julius K9/Brilliant K9 harness for agility, but it's a little too "heavy duty" just to throw on to potty. We also have the Easy Walk harness for going on walks, but it's such a pain in the you-know-what to put on when we're just taking him out to potty.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an easy to put on (quick!) somewhat lightweight harness? I was looking at Comfort Flex, Hurtta, or Original Fleece, but just don't know if any of them are easy to use.

I should note that we've been using a martingale like what we use for the other dogs, but it just doesn't work well for Enzo. He has a thick neck, tiny head, and TONS of fur, so making the martingale tight enough to be effective yet loose enough to take off easily is impossible. We usually end up half choking him to remove it and he hates it (understandably).
 
Yes! I use the Ezydog harness. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PGW3O6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Very simple harness. Just goes over your dog's head and buckles around the waist. I ordered it because my mother was dog sitting and I needed something very easy for her to take on and off my dog.

It's very sturdy and easy to take on and off.

I thought that video was really a sell factor. Looking at the harness it looked complicated, but seeing how it works on the video made it seem super simple.
 
Yes! I use the Ezydog harness. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PGW3O6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Very simple harness. Just goes over your dog's head and buckles around the waist. I ordered it because my mother was dog sitting and I needed something very easy for her to take on and off my dog.

It's very sturdy and easy to take on and off.

Sounds like it's what I'm looking for! Do you have a pic of Bailey wearing it? I don't see any long haired dogs on the Amazon page wearing it.
 
I have the easy walk harness as well. I figured out a very easy way to put it on. I leave the straps that go around the chest buckled. I never undo that clasp. This way I just slip it over my dog's head and buckle the straps around her belly. However, sometimes the harness gets a little tangled, but this is much easier than buckling both pieces.
 
I have the easy walk harness as well. I figured out a very easy way to put it on. I leave the straps that go around the chest buckled. I never undo that clasp. This way I just slip it over my dog's head and buckle the straps around her belly. However, sometimes the harness gets a little tangled, but this is much easier than buckling both pieces.

I always re-clip Spirit's harness immediately after taking it off her to avoid tangling.
 
You said that your already had the easy walk harness (I highly endorse it btw).

But you were looking for another harness just for quick potty trips? Yes? If for just quick potty, why a harness? I would suggest a martingale collar. Slips on and off easy.....and avoids leash slippage too.
 
Back
Top