YAY! And more YAY! Cubby and I started scent class yesterday. This pup has been in obedience since 5 months and like 2 days. He is now 9 months. In both obedience classes he earned a gold sticker -- meaning he was an honors student. I and the teacher really did hold him to high standards. It was intense and I asked a lot of him while teething, finding hormones, generally growing up, serious stuff which is not much fun to a wiggly pup. Now, fun, fun, fun and it was a joy to see. I had practiced "find" for treats on the bathroom rugs similar in color to the treats. Grandma had him "find" treats hidden under the edge of a sheet. Class, easy peasy, treats just sitting in boxes! Getting another treat for finding. And another for looking at me after finding. It was just a joyful, fun, relaxing class and we both loved it! I truly look forward to the next six months of classes (there are 4 six-week courses). Our classmates (who will probably just go from class to class with us) are an aussie who is using sight more than nose, a terrier who is SO good he is practically psychic, and a border collie who searches the whole room in narrowing spirals until he checks every box until the correct one is last. Cubby, well, you can hear that little nose going sniff, sniff, sniff and he is truly hunting. He even found the raised one where the terrier even had trouble, the aussie saw it, and the border collie found it when he knocked the box over and found it that way. FUN! Cubby is now cross-registered into UKC so someday we can do competition -- we hope! FUN!
Here are some pix . . .
http://cubbycaboose.blogspot.com/2015/01/momma-and-i-took-time-out-from-making.html
Here are some pix . . .
http://cubbycaboose.blogspot.com/2015/01/momma-and-i-took-time-out-from-making.html
