well...Ruckus has a fault

animaltech

Forums Novice

My typically well behaved sheltie has shown me that he isn't perfect :rolleyes2: He has taken to digging out my flower pots. I'm not thrilled with this and Im not sure what actions to take to stop him. I have yet to catch him red handed. Any suggestions?
 
put em where he can't get em, line them with plastic over the pot for a few weeks, line the inside of the pot with gravel, confine him away from them.
 
He's NOT perfect! Oh! No! How can that be! :razz:

Bacca likes to dig out my huge plant in my bedroom. He'll go weeks leaving it alone, and then suddenly decide that he needs some dirt and go crazy in it - normally dumpting the whole plant over on the light tan carpet!
 
Oh dear, Asta used to do that too and it took some growing up on her part before she finally quit. I used to take some really stiff wire - the kind with the big square holes, and put it around my newly planted pots so she couldn't get at them. After the plants were established she left them alone; it was the new dirt with seedlings in that she went after.

Thank god she stopped, finally!

There are some citronella based granules that are supposed to keep critters away, might be worth trying.

Good luck!
Sharon
 
He's NOT perfect! Oh! No! How can that be! :razz:

Bacca likes to dig out my huge plant in my bedroom. He'll go weeks leaving it alone, and then suddenly decide that he needs some dirt and go crazy in it - normally dumpting the whole plant over on the light tan carpet!

hope the carpet in the new house is dark brown :winkgrin:

as for keeping the pups out of the flowers- out of reach is the only thing that has worked for me. Of course, Happy just likes to pee on the flowers/pots- makes it nice when you want to bring them inside for winter :no:
 
I have a dog named Ruckus too

he is horrible LOL

maybe its the name

Okay, now you got me - I thought it was you posting under a different name, are you tricking us or are there really 2 shelties called Ruckus?!

If there is then I am sorry for being flippant! Yes the do grow out of digging pot plants. But you can try giving him a little sand box, that seemed to cure my two from digging up plants and pulling the lemons off my dwarf potted lemon tree(although they still liked to chew on tan bark). Heres the little sandbox I made - it was just a plastic under the bed container.
http://www.sheltieforums.com/picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=1221
 
Last edited:
I remember giving Bear the Big Red Dog what for because there were holes all over the garden. Then I saw the squirrel...I felt like such a heel! :o
 
Back
Top