What age to puppies balls drop

BlueBandit

Forums Enthusiast
Couldnt think of a better title
Bandit is 5 months old yet his lil marbles still havent really fully dropped yet...least i think

"uncomfortable question"

as adults do they stay the size of marbles? and how much do they drop when they full drop

I dont want to have to pay extra on the vet to get him fixed if they havent fully dropped yet

not having too much of a problem with humping, just only happend a couple times, only trying to mount on to some blankets an pillows:lol:
 
At midnight on New Years???:biggrin2:

Seriously, I'm dealing with the same issue. Bacca has (had?) 1 undescended testicle. He's almost 9 months now and I've been holding off his neutering for the same reason.

I suspect however that if they haven't fallen by now, they won't. That being said, I did read somewhere that the longer you hold off the bushier and fuller will be his adult fur growth. The flip side is a slightly increased danger of testicular cancer later on (don't know how that can be, if the dog doesn't have any testicles???)

All to say, I plan to call my vet in the next week or so.

Stay tuned!
 
They get bigger from when they just drop (like marbles, to avocadoes) until they stay down. At first, they can pull them back into the cavity, but that closes up, so they stay descended.

They have to have their balls when they show in the breeding ring, which at the youngest age is 6 months old. Some drop early (4 months), mine was 7 months before he dropped. Sometimes, it can take up to a year for them both to drop.
 
In general, if they're not there now, they're not coming down. At 8 weeks, you can usually feel them very slightly. *Some* will drop later, but the later it gets, the less likely they are to descend.
 
Chinook is 6 months and only has one that dropped. I spoke with my vet and did some research and am holding of on neutering him until he is over 1. This will allow him to fully develop, as he needs the hormones. As far as testicular cancer goes later on in life, if he does not have them, he cannot get it right! Right.
 
Romeo had one undescended bauble but it dropped about 2 weeks ago at 8 months and champagne was brought out! Now he's got a lovely pair and I can stop being pervy! :biggrin2:
 
This is a funny thread!

At midnight on New Years???:biggrin2:

Seriously, I'm dealing with the same issue. Bacca has (had?) 1 undescended testicle. He's almost 9 months now and I've been holding off his neutering for the same reason.

I suspect however that if they haven't fallen by now, they won't. That being said, I did read somewhere that the longer you hold off the bushier and fuller will be his adult fur growth. The flip side is a slightly increased danger of testicular cancer later on (don't know how that can be, if the dog doesn't have any testicles???)

All to say, I plan to call my vet in the next week or so.

Stay tuned!

I'm dying here !:lol: Barb, New years at midnight !!:lol:
 
As far as testicular cancer goes later on in life, if he does not have them, he cannot get it right! Right.

Ania you are right. The whole purporse of removing them is so that they don't get testicular cancer.

I started laughing over here when I read the title of this thread and Barb's comment! Didn't Chris say the other day to use a title that grabs people's attention? Too funny! :winkgrin:
 
Crazy's never dropped either. When I asked the Vet about it he told me sometimes they can be up inside someplace. They won't drop, but down the line they may become infected. Then they will have to be removed. A little scary for me so I keep checking his belly to make sure nothing is wrong.
 
Back
Top