What do you do with your ribbons?

k9kreationz

Forums Celebrity
Right now, I'm sticking them in a binder, like my agility friend does. But otherwise, what do you do with them? Do you keep them in order? Do you sort them by placement? Do you just throw them in a shoe box?

Granted, its not like we have tons, but y'know, it's nice to have them. I've been taking photos of Koji with his ribbons after each trial, but my folder isn't conducive to keeping them in one place (they tend to fall out or stick out the top).
 
Ribbons

I have alot of them on wire hangers hanging around my bedroom. Some in boxes and some downstairs hanging off Shadow's phto's.
 
I have a binder and I have those clear plastic page protectors (you can get a big box from staples). Then I write on a piece of paper any details that are not already on the ribbon and I also attach a picture or two from the show. It makes a great scrapbook. I have the oldest ribbons at the front of the binder, with the newer ones at the back. I have one binder for each dog.
 
I keep the course maps and scribe sheets in a book that goes with the certificate from AKC. The new title ribbons go on a chain in my living room, and the rest are hanging on yarn in the basement. The walls in the basement are cinderblock, and supremely ugly. So my landlord and I hung knotted yarn to hold the rosettes to cover said ugly walls.

Oh, and the ribbons from my first two CD's are framed, as are all the ribbons from my Collies AKC championship.
 
Ohmigod. Love the quilt thing. Too funny!!!

I am doing the folder/page protector thing right now, but yet, I'd like to hang some somewhere. Maybe his first Q, first 1st, etc. :) We'll see. Maybe I'll frame all his "firsts" this or first that and put the rest in a binder or something. Hmmm.....
 
I have kept all the Rosettes that have special meaning. The ASSA Award of Merit ribbons and the Best of Opposite Sex from the ASSA National, along with Mark's Best Stud Dog from the Canadian National hang on the family room wall. Here's a picture that we took from the 4 days of Specialty shows in Maine, Annie topped it off with a Group 1.
 

Attachments

  • maineribbons.jpg
    maineribbons.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 26
atm mine are pinned on a cork board on the back of the door to the garage. The flyball and agility ribbons are the really long variety (not rosettes) so its hard to find a place to put them.
 
We have our title ribbons pinned on the wall in our extra room. The other ones, sad to say, are in a shoebox. Way too many to put up.

I keep track of our Qs on a spreadsheet.
 
Back
Top