What games do you play with your dog?

SheltieChe

Forums Sage
Previous post on being enthusiastic handler and advice on not being a cookie for your dog is very salient IMHO.
Being a cookie for your dog i.e. enthusiastic handler is not really about being loud and over the top energetic though...
It is about what kind of relationship do you have with your dog and it all starts with games and tricks... so what kind of games do you play with your dog?
As a legacy from Susan Garrett training our entire philosophy is ¨Play is work and Work is play¨:smile2:
Some games http://orlandodogwhisperer.com/dog-training-games-to-play-with-your-dog/
What are yours?
 
I've done the "what's you name", "hide and seek", "chase me" (which now results in being herded), "fetch", "tug and drop it", "beat the clock" and "where's the cookie" all without thinking about it :lol:
 
I've done the "what's you name", "hide and seek", "chase me" (which now results in being herded), "fetch", "tug and drop it", "beat the clock" and "where's the cookie" all without thinking about it :lol:

Yes, a lot of those we have already played. I've said this before, but Missy's favorite game is tug, drop it, fetch! Then repeat a million times or until she gets bored or tired.
 
Fetch is Dickens's favorite game, but I also do one where I take a big towel and try to thow it over his head. He's wise to my tactics, particularly when I say, "Here little doggie doggie doggie," in my most sinister voice of blandishment. Getting the towel over his head is usually quite a chore, and he ends up zooming all over the house trying to "escape."
 
Yes, a lot of those we have already played. I've said this before, but Missy's favorite game is tug, drop it, fetch! Then repeat a million times or until she gets bored or tired.
That's Ruutu's favorite game too! Honey's favorite game is yell at Ruutu for having fun. :gaah
 
Back
Top