whisker whacker

JessicaR

Forums Enthusiast
Has any one ever used a whisker whacker on their sheltie? I heard about this on a dog show forum it's supposed to work great. here is a link to the site that sells it. http://www.merriego.wizaweb.com/index.html
I need to get one and try it. Belle hates having her whiskers cut so maybe this would be better for her.
 
I've used it and like it well enough. I'm a little obsessive with the whiskers though and I don't think it gets close enough for me. It just takes them even with the muzzle hair, which is okay, but I like to get down as close to the skin as I can :wink2: They are VERY sharp when you first get them and you can cause a bald spot if you aren't careful!

I'm not sure what this person is selling them for...I didn't look at the link....but I may be able to get them for you a bit cheaper if you'd like to try them and I can bring them to Columbus. Let me know. I have one you can try but mine is getting pretty dull at this point LOL
 
Hi its actually merrygo shelties (Wanda Cant remember her last name) that sells it...I met her though an ebay discussion board. it works well for me and does a quick job great for those cant stand still shelties :) We cut the whiskers down for show because it gives a smoother look to the muzzle. it actually changes the whole look on them, I notice when im not showing them im not trimming all the time and they get longer and they look different
 
Oh boy do I love my whisker whacker! After starting to take them off for show, I can't STAND to have those pesky whiskers on any of mine anymore, so off they go! :yes:
Most people take the whiskers off for the show ring. It creates a cleaner look.
Speaking of whisker whackers, I've got to order some more here shortly. All of mine are almost too dull right now :/
 
I've used it and like it well enough. I'm a little obsessive with the whiskers though and I don't think it gets close enough for me. It just takes them even with the muzzle hair, which is okay, but I like to get down as close to the skin as I can :wink2: They are VERY sharp when you first get them and you can cause a bald spot if you aren't careful!

I'm not sure what this person is selling them for...I didn't look at the link....but I may be able to get them for you a bit cheaper if you'd like to try them and I can bring them to Columbus. Let me know. I have one you can try but mine is getting pretty dull at this point LOL

I would love to try it. she only charges $1.25 for it. Belle hates her whiskers trimmed she always pulls them back when I am trying to trim them, and I hate to pull them out because again she really hates it. to the point that she will hide behind the couch if she thinks I am going to mess with her whiskers!

Her whiskers are nice and long right now, they really need trimmed :lol:
 
ive never heard of this until now.arent the whiskers needed for sensing or something? i noticed that daisy has black whiskers on one side and white on the other side :lol:
 
ive never heard of this until now.arent the whiskers needed for sensing or something? i noticed that daisy has black whiskers on one side and white on the other side :lol:

No dogs dont use them like cats do...never whisker wack a kitties whiskers...wow say that 3 times fast!:lol:
 
NEVER heard of this before!! I love my little mans whiskers! I wouldn't whack them ever!! Poor guy has to deal with Mommy fussing enough over his ears as it is!! :no:
 
Back
Top