Darren
Forums Enthusiast
I'm really stuck and just wanted to see if anyone else had ever seen this or know what to do.
I've only had Monty approx 2.5 months and don't really know much of his history apart from being 3yrs old and super small. After getting him home for the first time he did not drink for 2 days. I then caught him licking a little milk out of one of the childrens ceral dishes and thought I would try that. I bought some dog friendly goats milk from the pet store and he drank it within seconds of it being in his bowl.
Over the next few weeks I tried different bowls in different places with water and he would not drink. I've tried drinking fountains, diluting the milk slightly and nothing works and after a couple days I have to go back to milk so he doesn't dehydrate. Put a little undiluted milk down though and it's gone in seconds.
The vet can't seem to find anything wrong so I'm thinking it may just be behavioral. Everytime I just put water down he will not drink. I've just given up now and he gets a bowl of goats milk everyday, am I just going to have to give him milk for life haha?
I've only had Monty approx 2.5 months and don't really know much of his history apart from being 3yrs old and super small. After getting him home for the first time he did not drink for 2 days. I then caught him licking a little milk out of one of the childrens ceral dishes and thought I would try that. I bought some dog friendly goats milk from the pet store and he drank it within seconds of it being in his bowl.
Over the next few weeks I tried different bowls in different places with water and he would not drink. I've tried drinking fountains, diluting the milk slightly and nothing works and after a couple days I have to go back to milk so he doesn't dehydrate. Put a little undiluted milk down though and it's gone in seconds.
The vet can't seem to find anything wrong so I'm thinking it may just be behavioral. Everytime I just put water down he will not drink. I've just given up now and he gets a bowl of goats milk everyday, am I just going to have to give him milk for life haha?
