I also like rescue remedy. I use it on my cats when we traveled, it helped the one who cries for hours in the car quiet down.
Funny you talk about zoomies, I am discovering people have assumptions about shelties and assume all are over hyper and so many other issues, that they like to tell me my dog must have problems he doesnt act out of control like other dogs.
I have been several times questioned about my dog to the point of rudeness because he is the most unzoomie quietest dog around.
One lady said it the other night in class so plainly, she said he is the most unsheltie like sheltie she ever met. I think the closest we get to a zoomie here is when I say wanna go for a ride and he does a little happy dance with his front two paws jumping, or when I come in the house returning from an appointment or something and he does run to me and circles me over and over excitedly and I love it!!!
Last night I thought he was dead he wouldnt move, or twitch or anything when I kept calling him to come to bed. He was in position for sleep do not disturb to the point of scaring me half to death. Not a blink or anything but his eyes were open. I yelled for Richard to come and still no movement from Chauncey finally when his poppa came he looked up like would you all keep it down please.
Do you like his zoomies? I like when he runs to me but otherwise wouldnt know what to think if I saw it. I would try bach rescue remedy, can put it right in his water, easy as that. Maybe those zoomies might be the ticket to some agility or herding trials or such?