Won't drink water - need your advice

What else should I do today to encourage drinking? .

My boy had dental problems. At night, I took a 50%/50% mix of dry dog food and water, put them in plastic cartons, and refrigerated them overnight. By morning, the water was "gone", and the dog food was "puffed" and soft. (I put the food in separate breakfast, lunch, dinner cartons.)
 
The doctor said we should work our way back onto his regular food over the next 3 days. She prescribed some anti-parasitic medication. She will check back with us later in the week and we'll see where we stand then. She said if he wasn't acting himself, wanting to play, or eat, we would have reason for worry but we aren't there now.

Thanks again for your ideas/suggestions and as always, most importantly, your care and concern. You folks are the best!

I'll let you know how things go over the next few days.
 
I have one senior that does not drink. If I see him at the water bowl (and I'm home with them all day) once a MONTH, it's a miracle! Seriously.

He gets "soup" twice a day and has almost since we got him 2 years ago. Canned food with so much water it isn't a gravy, it's a soup. That's the only way I can be sure of getting water in him. He laps it all right up, thank goodness.
 
Back
Top