Recent content by EmbersMom

  1. E

    Another Memorial Site

    Hi SheltieGuy! I haven't posted here in quite a while, but I wanted to chime in and say that tribute is wonderful. I want to do that for my Mocha (not a sheltie) I just lost 3 weeks ago. Also, I grew up not far from you in Mt. Carmel. I went to nursing school there in Schuylkill county...
  2. E

    Shampoo

    For those of you that LOVE a crisp clean smell, I would recommend Pet Silk (fresh scent) products! I'm a scent person too and I just love this. I started using it on my Maltese a few years ago and I love it! They also have a Pet Silk Liquid Silk finishing product I loved on my Maltese. It...
  3. E

    Too big for his crate!

    Gee, I thought Ember was big, but I guess not! I just measured her and she doesn't quit make it to 13". Probably 12 3/4. She is about 5 mos. and 3 weeks old. I think she is about 11 lbs.. This is my first sheltie and I'm used to pee-wee 8 lb. dogs!
  4. E

    Bailey's Weight

    Congratulations! Seems you are having the same experience and me (and Ember). The i/d really did the trick, despite the repulsive ingredients. I beg you though, don't rush the kibble. We started slow (like 3 pieces), but got so excited that we added too much too quick and wound up going...
  5. E

    Natural Balance Lamb Formula

    I use to get this for my dogs and feed it as a treat. I cut the whole roll into bite size pieces, put several days worth in a ziploc baggie in the fridge and separated the rest in several day batches in the freezer. They freeze just fine.
  6. E

    Bailey's Weight

    Sorry. I mis-read the question. She was on the canned. The kibble wasn't offered to me, so I didn't even know it was available. It IS hard to mush up like Ann said, but Ember didn't mind. When I transitioned, I just threw in the pieces of kibble, didn't really mix it. Ember didn't mind...
  7. E

    Bailey's Weight

    Ember is back on the kibble after a very slow transition off the i/d and doing fine. I just really suggest ONLY feeding the i/d for at least a week after the stools are normal. I got to anxious to add kibble, and when I did we went backwards. I think we would have gotten through it much...
  8. E

    Bailey's Weight

    Been there, done that....somewhat Ember is also 22 weeks old. We spent 2 months working through the loose stool issue. She didn't have a UTI though. Like you, I wanted her on a high quality diet, but it wasn't working. Our vet suggested we try either chicken and rice or the Science Diet...
  9. E

    Bailey's Weight

    Geez. I just read over my last post. "diarrhea could be from the diarrhea". Duh, what was i thinking. I meant from the antibiotics. Sorry. I hope Bailey feels better soon!
  10. E

    Bailey's Weight

    The diarrhea could certainly be from the diarrhea, but I can tell you from first-hand experience, that I know where you are coming from. Ember had diarrhea for 2 1/2 mos. I've come to the conclusion she just has a VERY sensitive digestive system. Her stool is still usually very soft. I'll...
  11. E

    Surgery today....

    Thank you for all your kind words. Ember is doing great. She's pretty mellow. She slept well with us (as always) and doesn't seem to be in pain. We really struggled with the decision to have the dew claws removed. We certainly didn't want to put her through unnecessary trauma, but since...
  12. E

    Surgery today....

    Ooops. I'll try again later. http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/ehyde111/Emberssurgery-1.jpg
  13. E

    Surgery today....

    She's HOME!!! Ok. She's home and groggy, but doing well. I'm going to make my first attempt at posting a pic from photobucket. Note the belly scar and purple bandages on her hind legs. <a href="http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/ehyde111/?action=view&current=Emberssurgery.jpg"...
  14. E

    Clocking Ticks

    EEEwwww! We have the stinkbug and lady bug problem here, but would you believe I have never even seen a tick???? Poor puppers!
  15. E

    Surgery today....

    Grrrr..... Well, they didn't call around lunch time so I called them at about 12:45. There was a recording that said they were closed for their weekly meeting from 12-2.:mad: So, I just called a few minutes ago. They say she's doing great and she can go home after 4:30. This is later that...
Back
Top