Our vet has never required an over night stay. Nobody is there anyway during the night. When my Mocha had her tumor removals, she came home by 2p.m. Drop off is at 7 a.m. and that required a lot of muscle removal and a 4 inch incision (on an 8 lb. dog). All my pets (past and present) have always done fine. I think they recover better in the comfort of their own home. We do have a good E.R. vet hospital about 20 min. away if there is a problem. I guess some vets require an overnight stay???
Boy do I miss her. I'm not accomplishing a thing here at home with her on my mind!
I can certainly feel your worry in your posts. It is hard when you leave them.I think that I felt that particularly in Bumper when we left her overnight for her spay. All I could think about was..darn here she is blind,she's never known the likes of a crate. Only a portable carrier on our trip to NY.But certainly not a place where she was forced to stay for any long period. so being in a cage,overnight nearly wore me out with worry. I thought for sure she would be scarred for life of fear.
But she did wonderful,and I am sure Ember will be fine.Before you know it she will be back home resting comfy in your arms.

