Recent content by jhermit

  1. J

    spay day

    My little one went through last week. She came back that day and was TOTALLY out of it for the whole day. She also ended up with the Cone of Shame because she was licking. Next day she was doing fine and we just kept her in her crate for a good part of the day. Third day, she was completely...
  2. J

    Canny Collar

    She is 7 months. I will start working on not pulling as described whenever this rain stops
  3. J

    Canny Collar

    Thank you, I will try that
  4. J

    Canny Collar

    Hi, Anybody tried the Canny collar? My girl pulls a lot during walks and I am trying to get her off that behavior. I have tried several things but not getting very far. Someone recommended a Canny Collar. Is it worth it? Is it safe?
  5. J

    How long does it take?

    This has been the key for us. I have the same story as the opening post and it was not until we made a commitment to have on leash inside the house at all times that she stopped. It took two weeks, but now she pretty much wont go inside. She was probably ready after 1 week to be off the leash...
  6. J

    Crate help!

    Here is a good link with info about crating/housetraining which I picked up from this forum: http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/errorless-housetraining
  7. J

    Kibble poll?

    We use Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon
  8. J

    Potty training in one spot

    My sheltie is about 4.5 months old and we had been totally unsuccessful at training her to go to the bathroom in one spot in the yard. Then I remembered a trick a trainer for Canine Companions taught a friend many, many years ago. She suggested you create "an area" that was well defined...
Back
Top