Recent content by marie_bel_air

  1. M

    Quirky Lucy!

    Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what this is about: I always put a treat in Lucy's kennel at night when I put her to bed. She still cries and whines a bit when I put her in there, but then does settle down. Anyway, when I let her out in the morning, her...
  2. M

    Appetite Issues

    You make these yourself, you say? I'll have to check out the recipes section to find the recipe. It is worth a try. The Zuke's minis aren't "high-value" enough training treats. She pretends she doesn't hear me a lot of the time when we're working on commands. :rolleyes2:
  3. M

    Appetite Issues

    Hey Barb, She is now eating 4Health, which is made by the same company of TOTW. The store where I get her food had a free sample of it for her to try. It is lamb based, and she really does love it. So I figure I'll stick with it for now since she is actually enthusiastically eating...
  4. M

    Appetite Issues

    Well we bought her some new food and are in the process of transitioning her to it. The only problem is that she LOVES the new food so much that she is picking out the new kibble and wont touch the old stuff. Thankfully, she is tolerating the new food well. The only thing I'm still working...
  5. M

    Undersized 7 mo sheltie rescue/adoption

    Oh she is PRECIOUS!!!! I also have a very petite sheltie....she is very healthy! Just pint sized is all. She loves to be carted around. Congrats and enjoy!!
  6. M

    Appetite Issues

    I thought 1/4 cup three times daily seemed like a small amount! She is currently eating pro pac puppy because the breeder says the tiny kibble size was easy for her small mouth. I have been thinking of transitioning to either TOTW or Blue Buffalo since I can find both of these locally. I'm not...
  7. M

    Appetite Issues

    Hey all, So Lucy has been with us for almost a week now and her diarrhea issue has resolved, thankfully. Anyway, I'm a little worried because she doesn't seem to have a great appetite, nor does she seem very excited about her food. She is 11 weeks and 3.1 pounds, so I definitely want her to...
  8. M

    Lucy has arrived!!!

    Hopefully I'll hear back on her stool sample sometime today. There was actually some blood in it, so I'm not sure what that is all about. She acts like she feels absolutely fine, which makes me feel good. Even though she is so tiny, she certainly doesn't think she is! She has gotten so...
  9. M

    Lucy has arrived!!!

    Haha, I'm not sure why my post showed up twice! OK, good thinking on the stool sample. I'll be sure to bring one. I'm not sure what the deal is...she has been having frequent loose stools since I got her. I hope they can get me in tomorrow. I finally got her to lick a tiny bit of...
  10. M

    Lucy has arrived!!!

    I have been feeding what the breeder was feeding her until things calm down around here and I can transition to something else. I have been feeding the amount the breeder said she'd been getting there. She is drinking different water, but she had these same loose stools on the ride home...
  11. M

    Lucy has arrived!!!

    I have been feeding what the breeder was feeding her until things calm down around here and I can transition to something else. I have been feeding the amount the breeder said she'd been getting there. She is drinking different water, but she had these same loose stools on the ride home...
  12. M

    Lucy has arrived!!!

    I picked up my precious bi-black sheltie puppy yesterday! She is a little thing; 11 weeks and at about 3.5 pounds. She is such a snuggle bug and loves being held. She also loves playing with her (many) toys! I have a few questions, though. She has been having very loose stools since I...
  13. M

    Crate help!

    Thanks guys! I just ask because the last sheltie my mom and dad got while I was still living at home absolutely hated sleeping in his crate at night. Even with a treat. He would be quiet while he ate the treat then he would fuss, whine, and bark for quite awhile before he would go to sleep...
  14. M

    Crate help!

    Hey all, I'm preparing for my little girl (picking her up the 24!!!), and I just wanted some advice. I'm afraid when I put her in her crate, she will think I'm punishing her, and she'll start to associate it with something negative. What are some good ways to show her that it is "her"...
  15. M

    Best Puppy Brush?

    Thank you so much for the brush recommendations! I really appreciate it, and any and all advice is definitely welcome...my parents had a sheltie when I was growing up, but they always took him to a groomer. I would like to do a lot of the stuff myself for my little girl if I can. :smile2:
Back
Top