Recent content by simba14

  1. S

    Aggressive puppy

    I am starting to have awful trouble with my 6 months old puppy. She is a rescue who I have had since 9 weeks old and she has started to become very aggressive towards my other dogs. She will lift her lip at them if they sniff her or walk to close and she will lunge if they get up on the chair or...
  2. S

    Sheltie height

    My younger Sheltie Shoka was just under 14 inches and 6kg at 7 months old. He is now 2 years old and close to 16 inches and 8.5kg. I didn't keep a growth chart after 7 months old but he was 16 inches by the time he got measured for agility at 16 months (he is a good sized medium, not too big not...
  3. S

    Puppy won't leave my 2 year old dog alone

    I had completely forgot to check this forum all week. Yes things have settled down a bit she seems to be learning when enough is enough. She has just decided she has to convince my eldest dog (a German Shepherd) to play with her and I told her getting Mya to play was a lost cause but then I walk...
  4. S

    Puppy won't leave my 2 year old dog alone

    Thank you for the advice :D She gets a good walk everyday as well as her daily training. Basic obedience sits downs and a bit of co-ordination training to help her future agility career :) She has a big pen but one of my older dogs is afraid of it so she is only in it when everyone is out and he...
  5. S

    Puppy won't leave my 2 year old dog alone

    My 14 week old collie cross puppy is constantly hounding my 2 year old dog in the house. She makes him play when he clearly doesn't want to and it ends up with him snapping and growling. I thought letting this happen once would teach her but it hasn't and I won't let her annoy him any more. I...
  6. S

    My Sheltie hates my new puppy

    Thank you for the advice :) Day 3 today and already he is settled down a bit with her. We brought her along with is to an agility competition and walked them together a bit which really seemed to help. I understand why Simba isn't as accepting of the new pup as he was of Shoka though. Last...
  7. S

    My Sheltie hates my new puppy

    I have 2 Shelties Simba (3) and Shoka (2) as well as a 4 year old German Shepherd and an 8 year old Border Collie. Yesterday I adopted an 8 week old Border Collie/Kelpie cross from a rescue center. Shoka and my other 2 dogs are tolerating her. Telling her of when she crosses the line but...
  8. S

    Jumping dog of the year

    Thank you :) I am so proud of my 2 boys!
  9. S

    Jumping dog of the year

    I think I fixed it :D
  10. S

    Jumping dog of the year

    Two weeks ago at the iadsa summer show Simba claimed the title of All Ireland medium jumping dog of the year. He ran the best he has ever run and his combination of jumping runs over the 2 days claimed him the title. This was a combined competition for all grade 3-7 dogs and it was Simbas very...
  11. S

    Simba and Shoka agility update

    Thnak you :) Wouldn't it be great if we could all be olympic sprinters haha!
  12. S

    Simba and Shoka agility update

    It's been a few months since Simbas last agility update. He was diagnosed with hip dysplasia in January so his future in agility was uncertain. After a long talk with his specialist we decided that continuing to train and compete in agility would be best for Simba at this moment in time. We only...
  13. S

    Foundation work

    He looks like he is really enjoying himself :) Can't wait to see more videos!!
  14. S

    Shokas first training round

    Last weekend I was competing with Simba so I thought now that Shoka is 18 months I'd enter him too and just train :) We do have a rule in our class that while training at competition we never run past an obstacle that the dog hasn't finished learning yet we just avoid going near it but this...
  15. S

    Stays and anxiety

    I only want him to be happy :) If he could be half as happy doing stays as he is doing everything else he would be flying. I have proofed everything else in as many locations as possible but because I can't even get him to do stays in the house or at our weekly class I can't try doing them...
Back
Top