Recent content by Toby

  1. T

    Noah has cancer of his bladder.

    I was never able to figure how how to post a profile picture. Toby was our last Sheltie.
  2. T

    Noah has cancer of his bladder.

    Thank you so much. People cannot truly understand that they are our lives. My wife and I are so hurt and do not know how we will go on. My wife is on disability and has been with him every day since he was born and I absolute adore him. I never thought there would be a time he would not be...
  3. T

    Noah has cancer of his bladder.

    I have followed these boards for some time and know the most knowledgeable and compassionate Sheltie owners are here. You are all great people as there is nothing like a Sheltie. My Noah has been diagnosed with TTC, cancer of his bladder about a little over a month witch is inoperable...
  4. T

    Things to chew after Pancreatitis.

    Thank you for the input. I do have a Kong but he seems to go for my wife's slippers and wants to chew on them. I believe rawhide is what gave our boy Pancreatitis. He developed it right after her ate some. Not crazy about bully sticks. Tried them before.
  5. T

    Things to chew after Pancreatitis.

    I am trying to find a safe chew for my sheltie after he has had pancreatitis but there does not seem to be much on the market. Any help would be appreciated.
  6. T

    Any luck with medication?

    Noah ( Toby was our last love, not that we do not love Noah as much and do not the heart to take him down or change my username yet ) is not crated at all he is about four years old usually goes for a walk ever day but I know he needs more to blow off some steam. Usually tell him no when his...
  7. T

    Any luck with medication?

    Thank you so much for your insight. It is a lot of great information. My wife and I will have to figure out the best route to take.
  8. T

    Any luck with medication?

    I did not know about Reconcile. Thank you.
  9. T

    Any luck with medication?

    My cousin's cat is on fluoxetine (Prozac). I do not understand why the are on medicines for depression. Anxiety would be used with a mild sedative like Xanax or Klonopin. Thank you.
  10. T

    Any luck with medication?

    Noah barks at everything and I need to calm him down. Tried some behavior change but did not work. Thank you.
  11. T

    Are heart problems an issue?

    I will see if we can get some weight off of him. I will keep everyone informed. Thank you for the thoughts.
  12. T

    Are heart problems an issue?

    Noah's update. Was told he has an enlarged heart by first vet, second vet runs tests and says no enlarged heart. Second vet says he is fine, if it continues to contact them. Of course he was still panting a lot, went to second vet's intern and he says the only thing wrong is that he is...
  13. T

    Are heart problems an issue?

    He plays a lot. Probably does not eat quite as much but I know his body is changing. As far as when he is sleeping it does not seem to be dream related because his body does not move but I do not know for sure. I will keep an eye on it.
  14. T

    Are heart problems an issue?

    We had originally brought him to our regular vet because he seemed to be breathing very hard when sleeping and panting a lot. Vet takes x ray and says heart is enlarged. We take him to a cardiologist where they ran all of those tests to find his heart is not enlarged. The cardiologist then...
Back
Top