We're a passionate group of people who love Shelties. The responses were exactly what I was expecting. The cat people would probably be worse, though.
I have no problem with being passionate, as a matter of fact, life without a passion for at least
something isn't truly life in my opinion. Additionally, as a father of daughters, I would be mortified if only 1/3 of the stuff I have heard about Ms. Cyrus were true if I heard those things about my daughters. I just find a wide chasm between deploring the things I hear/read about her and assuming that they are necessarily true
or that she is therefore a bad dog owner and a "good" breeder shouldn't sell to her.
I see your point about the comments are pretty much what you expected. I must admit that I tend to personalize things (sometimes to a fault). I have been a member of a great number of online communities over the years, and I have witnessed interesting behavior on
many of them. On political, religious or even race based forums, not much (good or bad) surprise and or/offends me. I just find several of the comments on
this thread inconsistent with the atmosphere that we often
say exists here. That quite frankly is a failing in
my abilities and sensibilities, not necessarily in the forum makeup.
By the way, I would agree that I would not want Ms. Cyrus around my children either, but this (to me) is about the dogs and dog ownership. Over the years, I have met a number of people with questionable morals who are also dog owners. Oddly enough, I have found many of these seemingly morally deficient individuals to be
wonderful pet owners. One thing does not necessarily cancel out the other and I haven't read much that suggests that Miley is a bad (
or good) pet owner.