A year without Noah

What a beautiful family. Noah was such a handsome boy and a wonderful friend. They always stay in our hearts, don't they. Such sweet souls.
 
I agree with David that the last picture is a wonderful one. Thanks for sharing some wonderful thoughts about a great companion.

Rolland
 
OK, now everyone help me and quit posting in this room. I get soooo tired of crying when reading.

I cant imagine seeing my doggie laying in the back yard.. I don't care to think of it.
These doggies sure grab a hold of our hearts.....
 
Thankyou for sharing your memories with us. Noah was beautiful. Next Friday it will be a year since we brought our beloved shepherd to the vet to be euthenized. She was a wonderful dog, and the three of us were with her when she died. She protected us and our son for many many years. You are right, and Sandstorm could not replace her, but added to our joy of having dogs.
Karen
 
Handsome Noah smiling down on you.

One year ago today, I had put our beloved Noah outside in the morning. I kept checking on him like I always did. Around 7 I looked out and he was lying on his side. I knew then that we had lost him. He had been trying to get back to the steps to come in. I don't think we knew how sick he was. He had been vomiting for a day or so and we believe that he suffered from a GI bleed caused by an anti-inflammatory he was on for a week which he finished 10 days earlier.

Noah, whose name means comfort, came into our family 10 days after we lost our beloved Hamish to a 3.5 year battle with pancreatitis. Dad missed Hamish to much that we felt we had to get another Sheltie for him. Noah was very much Dad's dog. Noah loved us all, but Dad is the one he would follow around. Noah also loved the kids in the family and as the family grew he accepted them all into his family. If he wanted to be away from them, he just found somewhere else to lie.

He loved the outdoors, even in the middle of winter. He never wanted to come in. He loved all things fruit and veggies and would stand and wait for tidbits whenever we went to the freezer, the fridge, or were making a salad.

He was a protector, not liking anyone to open or close a window. He tried to protect Mom from her medications, such as warfarin and lanoxin, which can be deadly in high doses.

Noah has gone out of our lives but he has never gone out of our hearts. He is a treasured part of our lives, one that we would never try to replace. Although we have Emma and now Liam, they are not replacement dogs, but are making their own way in our lives as our hearts and lives expand to include them. No one dog ever replaces another one, they just add to the foundation each dog lays in our hearts.

The best way I found to honour Noah and his part in our lives was to find Emma.

Arbreglen Noah Bradley - July 17, 2000 to November 14, 2009. We miss you, Buddy Boy, Grandma's pretty boy, Dawg, No-No, Noki - these are just a few of the names bestowed on you by those who loved you.

What a great tribute to your handsome Noah. It's been 3 years since we lost my Jewel who was a Blue Merle just like your Noah. Allow yourself time to grieve they have such a special hold on our hearts. God Bless and comfort you.
 
Back
Top