Abby has her appetite back

Abby's Dad

Forums Enthusiast
She is slowly starting to eat the way she used too. Now she is eating 75% boiled chicken and boiled rice & 25% tripe and a new raw food of chicken & veggies. This new raw food is made locally and if her stools stay firm we will eliminate the chicken/rice and use the raw, tripe and turkey/chicken necks. The folks at this place say that eventually with her on the their food her stools will come out white and break apart into dust when touched. Have never heard of that and have not had any time to look into it, heck i'll be happy if they just stay firm and not have to go through the headache Bailey just went through:no: So i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I must say tripe is not for the weak stomach people, but my goodness does she love it. I will get through the tripe fine, my next adventure will be handing her turkey/chicken necks and hearing her crunch,crunch on those bones:eek2: Oh, well we do what we have to for our children!!
 
SO happy to hear that she is eating better, and that she has found something she likes (even if you don't! :lol:)
 
it's true.. it's true.. raw is so efficient with the digestive system!
Wish I was able to get tripe around here! lol :dead:
SO glad she is eating and having appetite!!!! YAY Abby!

I have my new roomies very elderly GSD on mostly raw, and that dog looks already so much better, after two weeks.. and her stool.. let's just say when she first moved in.. I was DISGUSTED, having been used to Toffee's efficient poops... lol a large dog with realllly ickky stinky loose, huge ones was disgusting to clean up :)
 
Ahhh....it wouldn't be the Sheltie Forums, if we didn't talk about poo :lol:

On a serious note, I am very happy to hear that Abby is doing so well. Please continue to keep us updated on her progress.
 
Glad to hear that Abby is doing better. Tripe is a great food item for dogs and yes they sure love it. But your right not for the weak stomach.

The stools are so small for a dog on raw. I don't feed a prepare raw food but meat and with 3 dogs I barely get a quart ziplock bag of stool per week. Half the time if I'm standing right there I don't ever find it in my yard and believe me I look..
 
Back
Top