Ally is ill

I am late on this thread, but do know that I have your beautiful girl in my thoughts! Hugs!
 
I'm sorry Ally isn't feeling well, but I'm glad she is improving and even started eating again. Sending Ally well wishes for a full recovery and many, many happy and healthy days to come.
 
Prayers for a speedy recovery! I am glad that she is home and eating.
Wishing you the best.
Pam and Sunny and Snow
 
Improvement

Just a quick update for you kind folks who may be wondering. After Ally's 2nd day on IVs they redid her lab work, and lo and behold, her numbers came WAY down!!! Her BUN had been 147, down to 90. Creatinine was 2.4, now down to 1.6 which is normal! And the creatinine is the more important number. BUN can be affected by illness, inflammation (like concurrent pancreatitis). My vet had a big smile when I went to pick up Ally, and my heart leaped! She is sure it is all due to her kidney/UTI infection.

Now the only problem is food. Even though she refused everything I offered her Thurs AM and must have been so hungry, and even though she'd been given an appetite stimulant drug, she refused to eat any canned food, cooked chicken, rice, broccoli, cottage cheese... you name it. Even her beloved scrambled eggs were a no-go. :no: So on a whim I tried her old kibble, and whaddaya know, she ate it! Unfortunately that's not a long term solution because of her pancreas but for right now my vet said "Whatever she'll eat!"

We are doing SQ fluids at home over the weekend and recheck labs Monday. I just hope the richer food she will eat doesn't skew the kidney values. SIGH. :fl
 
Oh Sharon... I feel for you!
Good news to be sure... The food issue is indeed worrisome!

Laddie would not eat for 4 days when he had his pancreatic attack!
I was so worried as they say the intestines can start to shut down.
He finally did eat rice and boiled chicken.

I hope Ally will get her appetite back now that she has started to eat a little bit.:yes:

Thanks so much for the updates!!!!
Fingers, toes, arms, legs crossed for a speedy recovery! :fl:hugs:fl
 
Sharon...fantastic news on the redo lab work readings...huge progress!!! WTG, Ally! Kibble is definitely better than eating nothing...and the SQ over the weekend should continue to show improvement on her kidney values. I am so happy to read this good update for your precious girl! :hugs

Trini
 
Back
Top