Annie is 15 today!

tofu pup

Moderator
Our Annie is fifteen years old today!

You can read my post from Annie's last birthday here.

2015 was an eventful year for Annie... she had non-emergency gall bladder surgery after an unrelated ultrasound showed sludge, and recovered beautifully (no small feat for a fourteen-year-old dog)... she travelled to the ASSA National in Virginia, won the 12 and Older Veteran Bitch class, and earned her third Award of Merit... and she keeps on keeping on.

Here's a little story from over the summer, when I visited my parents (and the Shelties!) All of the dogs were outside for the morning, enjoying the weather, and I'm in the kitchen talking to Mom while she fries an egg for a sandwich. All of a sudden, we hear a high-pitched, chirping bark.

“Oh, that's Annie,” says Mom. “She knows that I'm frying an egg. When I make my sandwich, I cut the edges off so the egg fits on the bread, and I give them to her. You'd better let her in.”

Sure enough, the chirping continues, and I have to walk downstairs to let her in (everyone else has to stay outside!), and carry her up into the kitchen, where she makes a beeline for Mom to receive her due. She can't really hear or see very well, but her nose still works!

We love you, Annie. Happy, happy birthday!
 
What a heartwarming image you painted!

Yes, some senses just never leave our shelties!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!!
15 and going strong! You are so blessed to have her still!

We should all be so lucky!

I JUST LOVE her beautiful face and expression and lovely coat!
Seniors are THE BEST!
 
Happy Birthday to one very beautiful and very loved Sheltie lass! Hope you get extra egg trimmings today, Annie...along with lots of other special treats. :smile2:

Trini
 
Annie, wishing you a very Happy Birthday. What a beautiful girl you are and how well you represent the wonderful senior Shelties. You go, girl! Hope you get lots of treats and cuddles today. :hugs
 
All the Nattering Springs furbabies are waving blue and silver pom-poms in your honor, Annie!!! I love you!! :hugs
 
Back
Top