Just read several issues of a journal called Whole Dog Journal..had some interesting stuff in it. Does anyone have any experience with this periodical?? Seemed pretty logical from what I read but I only saw 3 issues???
The few issues I saw were not breed specific but dogs in general. Quite a range of subjects from Parvo- catching/treating etc, dog food-(canned in the one I read), training, how to pick a good trainer, training tips, etc a serious range of topics. The articles are short, well written and where possible they seem to reference actual studies-- one on the myths of neutering was very interesting where they argued with study results against some of the myths of neutering which frankly, I am not sure I fully agree with but still informative.. Anyway something to read thru once a month- I am probably going to subscribe just to see-- it sort of looks like the Harvard Womens Health Studies issues that come out except obviously it is about dogs.. according to their web site they have been around since 1998.
I have heard of WDJ but never really paid much attention to it. I have read some of their stuff. I look at it like I do child rearing books - everyone's got their ideas, some I agree with, some I don't, in the end it was all a crap shoot anyway with some good and some bad. With my dogs, I look to people I know, look at how their 'ways' turned out - some I ignore, some I listen to while making grocery lists in my head, some I really feel have it going and they are the ones I look up to even if they aren't 'experts' but their shelties say otherwise..... Maybe that's why my dogs are as crazy as my kids - love them all!
I’ve subscribed to it for years, almost since they started. It’s a wonderful magazine with a great viewpoint on training, behavior, health and feeding. Very holistically and naturally based with excellent sources. I recommend it to anyone.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.