Anyone familiar with this journal?

woof

Forums Enthusiast
Just read several issues of a journal called Whole Dog Journal..had some interesting stuff in it. Does anyone have any experience with this periodical?? Seemed pretty logical from what I read but I only saw 3 issues???
 
I have heard of it but never have actually read it. What kind of articles does it have?


The few issues I saw were not breed specific but dogs in general. Quite a range of subjects from Parvo- catching/treating etc, dog food-(canned in the one I read), training, how to pick a good trainer, training tips, etc a serious range of topics. The articles are short, well written and where possible they seem to reference actual studies-- one on the myths of neutering was very interesting where they argued with study results against some of the myths of neutering which frankly, I am not sure I fully agree with but still informative.. Anyway something to read thru once a month- I am probably going to subscribe just to see-- it sort of looks like the Harvard Womens Health Studies issues that come out except obviously it is about dogs.. according to their web site they have been around since 1998.
 
I agree that they’re well written and informative.

TOTALLY OT - but LOVE your new pic Lisa!!!

I have heard of WDJ but never really paid much attention to it. I have read some of their stuff. I look at it like I do child rearing books - everyone's got their ideas, some I agree with, some I don't, in the end it was all a crap shoot anyway with some good and some bad. With my dogs, I look to people I know, look at how their 'ways' turned out - some I ignore, some I listen to while making grocery lists in my head, some I really feel have it going and they are the ones I look up to even if they aren't 'experts' but their shelties say otherwise..... :) Maybe that's why my dogs are as crazy as my kids - love them all!
 
I'm with Sandy, couldnt have said it better. It's an interesting read but comes with a particular point of view from not necessarily experts.

Do you subscribe to Family Dog Project - they often summarise current academic research.
 
Back
Top